Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worm Using Kazza

BLASTER WORM is a very bad worm.Go to http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcen...aster.worm.html
    and fix it or your in trouble.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Microsoft home page has the update fixes for the blaster worm. The information is in the top right corner of the web page. It's under "Help Protect Your Computer." Here is the link:

http://microsoft.com/

Good Luck!!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    Of course microsoft has a patch for the blaster worm. Blaster sets all the infected 'puters to attack microsofts windows update page on the 16th of this month. I say we leave it and lets see how good of a job it does....pml.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    bawa@klite_user...I had the same message but I think my virus was different...this one affected the temp files and I also had the same problem as thedirtyd...my comp is at the shop cause I have no clue how to fix it...anyway im curious since I have Norton (not sure which one), i havent updated in I dont know how long, how do u know if the update would possibly catch the worm...i mean like I think it was the Klez virus I caught (the one that affects only filesharing progs like Kazaa and I-Mesh), so how would I know if the update would include the klez virus blocker inside?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    Yeah, the blaster worm was on the news yesterday being disussed upon about the issues of http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and it being taken down, but they said Microsoft were going to release a patch, because the virus is vunerable to Microsoft Windows 2000, NT, XP and .NET Server 2003.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    i was infected with the blaster worm yesterday and its a bad worm, it kept on crashing my pc but you can remove it easly. if you go to the symantec site there's a removal tool.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    whyudra
    This help Me...

To get into safe mode, restart the computer, while the computer is restarting repeatedly press the F8 key until you get the Windows Startup menu. When you get the startup menu choose safe mode

Disconnect any Internet connection. Clear TSR's. Restart into Safe Mode,
    Boot into Safe mode/Administrative. Click on Start, Run type in Services.msc.
    Double-click on 'Remote Procedure Call (RPC)' then change the following to 'Take no Action'.
    First Failure: Restart Service
    Second Failure: Restart Service
    Subsequent Failures: Restart Service
    Change to "Restart after.." to 60 mins.
    Click on Apply and OK.
    Now Restart the computer

hope this helps
    help me when my computer keep restartin

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    internet.news
    I did not hear about it and never had it as I remember, but
    if it gives access the hacker about your pc that is not good ...

thanks anyway, david.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    The blaster worm(it's not a virus) enters through a hole in the Windows O/S. There are more harsh versions of it being released.

Sadly, the patch for this very "hole" was released by Microsoft back in July.

I have no sympathy for anyone who got this.

Windows update at least once a month!

Geesh people, MS operating systems are on 90% of the PCs out there. If you wanted to affect the most users, what operating system would you target?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    bowrabob's Avatar Reformed devo
    I had a worm about 2 mths ago,,,, Backdoor Trojan,,,, Norton told me where to look but I could not find it," nasty little worm ", so I formatted. can it disguise itself ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast