Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: How to improve Tehconnection

Block banning a country should be the last resort; but it is not.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

2. BitTorrent   -   #102
    sovaz's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Implement https annouces clientwise to emphasize security...this should b a prime measure...like sct did

3. BitTorrent   -   #103
    GOIN' MACH 5!!
    Disallow the multi-rar files thing please. Should be unrared already ffs.

And recommend to people to include samples and maybe subs and nfos.
    Last edited by robotpirate; 05-27-2008 at 04:27 AM.
    looking for ScT

4. BitTorrent   -   #104
    BANNED BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykon1969 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by F33NY View Post
    Better decisions please. I uploaded a Terminator Boxset which was deleted for being a "pack", yet the #1 torrent on the site which is a James Bond Pack is still there. -.-
    I have to agree with this. There are several packs on the site, but we are unable to upload them...
    lol, we made the "better decision" by deleting it because we follow the rules that are in place. I also gave you the benefit of the doubt and didn't give you a warning for not bothering to read the rules.

As far as the other packs on the site, they were upped before this rule was put into place and we made the "better decision" to keep them on site since they have seeders already. They can die off naturally.

Why is this a hard concept to grasp onto ?

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    as far as i know, none of the staff has a lot of experience with huge sites that allow user uploads.

allowing only dedicated users to upload is much more easier. there's no private site with such a huge userbase (if they go for 75.000) that allows movie useruploads and is not half public.

it will be extremely difficult for them to keep a quality standard in terms of content. the tracker is still in beta, but even now you see a lot of low quality rips, dupe uploads, users not seeding their uploads, false descriptions etc. unfortunately a torrent report function is not implemented yet.

it'll be a lot of work to manage that for staff. keep in mind that the tracker is going to have at least 10 times as much users.

half public means there will be a lot of hit and running, cheating, dupe accounts.

they do need staff that is experienced in organizing a huge amount of user uploads and sorts out the badd apples quickly.

the only tracker that achhieved this so far was oink. although oink had different, easier to handle content.

it'll be interesting to see how they develope.
    I think the staff has plenty of experience. Just because you don't recognize their nicks doesn't mean they're nubs to staffing As far as uploaded torrents you have atleast 3 current/ex ScT uploaders that are mods and they bring plenty of experience to the table. I really doubt most of the moderating staff at waffles or what.cd had any idea what they were getting themselves into when those sites started. I personally would like someone with a little less expeience that can grow and learn quickly rather than bring someone in who's cocky, thinks they know it all and isn't trainable for a new sites rules etc. Ofc as we grow we will take on more staff and select ones who we think are best qualified to work with the site.
    Last edited by Wi0; 05-27-2008 at 10:20 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #105
    Hi!

I believe more efforts on Full HDDVD/BluRay titles will make it just perfect.

6. BitTorrent   -   #106
    Ramsay
    as far as i know, none of the staff has a lot of experience with huge sites that allow user uploads.

allowing only dedicated users to upload is much more easier. there's no private site with such a huge userbase (if they go for 75.000) that allows movie useruploads and is not half public.

it will be extremely difficult for them to keep a quality standard in terms of content. the tracker is still in beta, but even now you see a lot of low quality rips, dupe uploads, users not seeding their uploads, false descriptions etc. unfortunately a torrent report function is not implemented yet.

it'll be a lot of work to manage that for staff. keep in mind that the tracker is going to have at least 10 times as much users.

half public means there will be a lot of hit and running, cheating, dupe accounts.

they do need staff that is experienced in organizing a huge amount of user uploads and sorts out the badd apples quickly.

the only tracker that achhieved this so far was oink. although oink had different, easier to handle content.

I have extensive experience in regards to staffing a site with lots of "user uploads" and weeding out the bad apples

7. BitTorrent   -   #107
    jayz707's Avatar the human BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Prilost View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cinowell View Post
    First off all, the site must reachable from everywhere. Such as I can't reach from Turkey, cause of the ban. I think admins must unban country bans.
    +100
    +1

8. BitTorrent   -   #108
    BANNED BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay View Post

I have extensive experience in regards to staffing a site with lots of "user uploads" and weeding out the bad apples
    <3 Ramsay.

You guys can +10000000000, but it won't change. Bans are in place for a reason and it's going to stay that way. Sorry guys

9. BitTorrent   -   #109
    jayz707's Avatar the human BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wi0 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay View Post

<3 Ramsay.

You guys can +10000000000, but it won't change. Bans are in place for a reason and it's going to stay that way. Sorry guys
    that's sad to hear...

10. BitTorrent   -   #110
    the buttons arent great, make proper ones so you dont have to wait for it to float down

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast