Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: yo Stoi, I can't access the BCG forums

I really miss BCG, i must say. I have other means of downloading games but when you get used to something it is like withdrawl crisis.

stoi, are those open signup periods frequent or they occur once a month or so?

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Evelyn's Avatar กก ƃɯo ƃɯo ƃɯo BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    stoi: this tool (choose "lookup" in the menu) is the most accurate one I've ever tried.
    yes, +1

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Dragonsfire's Avatar Member
    Hello Stoi, Just a word of warning. I tried to log into my BCG account this morning and it was disabled. I racked my brains trying to think what i might have done wrong. So in the end I decided to go on IRC (first time i'd ever used any irc) and Weaponx responded and here's what was said...

Session Start: Wed Apr 27 09:47:57 2011
    Session Ident: #help
    03[09:47] * Now talking in #help
    03[09:47] * Topic is '4Click "recover account" on the login page to change your password if you have forgotten it. Use the e-mail you used to sign up with on BCG. 8Please don't idle in this channel. 6Do not PM staff. 8poolshark: giving hope since 2011'
    03[09:47] * Set by poolshark on Wed Mar 02 14:53:20
    01[09:49] <Dragonsfire> ello, I went to log into my account this morning but it says it's been disabled. could someone look into it for me please? thanks
    02[09:56] * &WeaponX ([email protected]) Quit (Ping timeout)
    Session Close: Wed Apr 27 10:09:26 2011

Session Start: Wed Apr 27 10:09:26 2011
    02[10:09] * Disconnected
    Session Close: Wed Apr 27 10:09:26 2011

Session Start: Wed Apr 27 10:10:41 2011
    03[10:10] * Now talking in #help
    03[10:10] * Topic is '4Click "recover account" on the login page to change your password if you have forgotten it. Use the e-mail you used to sign up with on BCG. 8Please don't idle in this channel. 6Do not PM staff. 8poolshark: giving hope since 2011'
    03[10:10] * Set by poolshark on Wed Mar 02 14:53:20
    01[10:10] <Dragonsfire> hello...
    [10:10] <snarfer> hello Dragonsfire
    01[10:12] <Dragonsfire> Hi, I went to log into my account today and it said it was disabled, could someone look into it for me please? thanks
    03[10:12] * WeaponX ([email protected]) has joined #help
    03[10:12] * ChanServ sets mode: +ao WeaponX WeaponX
    [10:15] <&WeaponX> 4Dragonsfire: you need help?
    [10:16] <&WeaponX> why are you trying to dcc chat me?
    01[10:17] <Dragonsfire> yeah, I went to log this morning and and it said my account was disabled, could you tell me why please? and sorry this is first time i've ever used irc
    [10:18] <&WeaponX> snarf rulescount Dragonsfire
    [10:18] <snarf> 9,1Dragonsfire7 has visited the site rules9 67 times, snarf.
    [10:18] <&WeaponX> snarf faqcount Dragonsfire
    [10:18] <snarf> 9,1Dragonsfire7 has visited the site FAQ9 187 times, snarf.
    [10:19] <&WeaponX> read them enough times...you should know why
    01[10:19] <Dragonsfire> well i don't
    [10:20] <&WeaponX> remember what it says about using 2 clients on one torrent?
    [10:20] <&WeaponX> guess you dont..since you are banned
    01[10:21] <Dragonsfire> no? and why are you so rude!! I didn't even load a torrent in 2 clients!!!
    [10:21] <&WeaponX> umm..yes you did
    [10:21] <&WeaponX> i'm looking at it right now
    [10:22] <&WeaponX> or you have one crappy client setup
    01[10:22] <Dragonsfire> well it's wrong. i read the rules alot to try not to make mistakes
    01[10:23] <Dragonsfire> i downloaded the latest utorrent and it said i couldn't use it so i went back to 2.2.0
    [10:23] <&WeaponX> really? you were not using utorrent on this torrent
    01[10:24] <Dragonsfire> was it vuze? i might have tried that
    [10:24] <&WeaponX> nope
    01[10:25] <Dragonsfire> sometimes people make genuine mistakes ya know
    [10:25] <&WeaponX> then tell me what you did
    [10:25] <&WeaponX> on [REQ:29319] Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII PAL Scrubbed
    01[10:26] <Dragonsfire> if i knew then i wouldn't have done it that's what i'm trying to work out
    01[10:26] <Dragonsfire> yeah that's my upload
    [10:27] <&WeaponX> yup
    01[10:28] <Dragonsfire> is it because i created the torrent file in a different utorrent then installed a different one?
    [10:28] <&WeaponX> you were not even using utorrent on this torrent
    01[10:29] <Dragonsfire> i uploaded it from my seedbox which i told you about
    [10:31] <&WeaponX> and i'm seeing two bittornado clients being used to seed it
    01[10:31] <Dragonsfire> yeah that's my seedbox....
    [10:32] <&WeaponX> and using two bittornado clients?
    02[10:33] * %Merl ([email protected]) Quit (Insert Coin(s))
    01[10:34] <Dragonsfire> no it gives me the choice to create a torrent with bittornado or mainline. my seedbox provider might have upgraded my torrentflux that's the only way it would be different. nothing i did i can garuntee it
    [10:35] <&WeaponX> ive never seen any seedbox do this themselves
    01[10:36] <Dragonsfire> well i only have the choice to use one bittornado so i don't know how it could have happened. to ban me for something thats not my fault is very unfair
    [10:38] <&WeaponX> maybe you should make sure you setup is setup correctly
    01[10:38] <Dragonsfire> well that's why i payed for a seedbox so they could do it for me....
    [10:38] <&WeaponX> if you cant take the time to make sure everything is working properly...then you dont need to be here
    [10:39] <&WeaponX> i'll give you one last chance
    [10:39] <&WeaponX> anything like this again...and its banned
    [10:40] <&WeaponX> you can log back in now
    01[10:40] <Dragonsfire> nah f**k it, don't want one last chance when i havent done nothing wrong in the first place and i don't want to be part of a community with rude people like you!
    [10:40] <&WeaponX> works for me
    [10:40] <&WeaponX> have a nice day
    Session Close: Wed Apr 27 10:41:02 2011

This is totally unacceptable. Some mods are getting far too big for their boots, the powers gone to their little heads. I NEVER used 2 clients to seed. I was trying to be helpfull by uploading some of the requests and this is what happens. The only thing I can think of is when i logged into my seedbox yesterday was that the torrent in question was saying 500% shared one minute then 200% the next and it was only happening on that torrent. So it must be a bug... also i noticed that my provider is using a beta torrentflux version so that could explain a bug maybe. Sorry to broadcast this but I'm so annoyed and won't be spoken to like that by anyone especially him and I have also seen him being a bit hostile to people in the forums. you can have my login details for my seedbox if you want and have a look. I've got nothing to hide. Saying that I don't want my account back because I know I'm probably wasting my time as you'll just take his side coz he's a so called mod.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Own goal?
    You are right that WeaponX is quite a d*ckhead but this doesn't look like him being almighty.
    I mean, he even wanted to reenable you if it really were a bug and you deny it. How does that look?

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Markociv1 View Post
    Own goal?
    You are right that WeaponX is quite a d*ckhead but this doesn't look like him being almighty.
    I mean, he even wanted to reenable you if it really were a bug and you deny it. How does that look?
    yeah i understand what your saying, but he pi**ed me off so much i can't be bothered with it all. I tried really hard to be a good and polite member there like uploading requested torrents, seeded back a lot more than i've taken and posted in the forums a bit. I really enjoyed being there it's a great site and i was only talking to stoi himself a couple of days ago on the chat.

I just wanted to say my bit, I'm not interested in having an account there anymore.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Dragonsfire: with the amount of people that appear to have a "weird client setup" but are actually up to something, you can't blame the Mod for being scrutinizing.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    I havent got a problem with being suspected that's life but I have got a problem with his attitude and the way he spoke to me about it and the fact he gets away with it.

nevermind I'll just leave it be now and move on.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    I'm on Dragonsfire side. Even if one was suspected of murder/cheating/stealing torrents () I don't think it's cause to throw civility out the window. What.CD's mods handle hundreds of times more complaints, and yet I have never seen them act hostile unless the situation actually called for it.

What happened up there is a mod made up his mind to treat everyone that walks into the help channel as a cheater, before the "trial" starts. Many a mod use the "You know what you did, so maybe if you come out and say it and don't do it again you'll be reactivated," but the tone being used by WeaponX wasn't very inviting, to say the least.
    Ellipses go here.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    how do you know how many we handle, as the help channel is for staff and the member in question only, so you have no idea what goes on in there im afraid. (we do get shit loads btw)

I was going to look into this, but by the sounds of it i dont need to bother, he doesnt want his account back, took a hissy fit, when it was going to be re-enabled, so bye bye, not my problem.

PS: its not 2 different clients, but it is 2 different ports (so must have been the same client used twice by the looks of it) and it does look like cheating to the staff, hard to explain it here but.

43161 - BitTornado/T-0.3.18 6.77 GB 6.77 GB 20.46 MB/s 011-04-26 07:23:35 5:39
    47621 - BitTornado/T-0.3.18 16.00 kB -7,102,019.14 kB -4,857.74 kB/s 2011-04-26 07:47:57 24:22

and it keeps going on like that for a lot of announces.
    Last edited by stoi; 04-27-2011 at 04:37 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    Agree with Dragon and Darth, typical BCG mod behavior,.....'police brutaliaty!'

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast