Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What.cd account disabled for giveaway?

puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    giveaways and trades are almost exactly the same, someone you dont know gets in. It happens.
    Go Leafs Go.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    RedRansom's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    J-G is right dude :-/ cuz there is alot of cheater ,collector and trader :S
    Wilton331 nice man i know you wanna help someone
    They take invites from giveaways and trading with someone with another forum sites ex So Be ware! if you wanna plan give invites someone , search him/her ex-post maybe you can notice him/her collector or tader

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    bladesharp's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by pone44 View Post
    @Wilton331-Did you Read site Rules-FAQ when signing up? I am not sure but i stay clear of giving out invites to anyone but close friends!
    @bladesharp- did you do a giveaway somewhere? Or something else not allowed on most sites, like a public giveaway where you give the invite to a complete stranger??
    I would think to invite even a friend there, i would make sure they can Rip-Upload-ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilton331 View Post
    I just had my first giveaway where I gave away 4 what.cd invites, and now my account is disabled there. Is that not allowed? I mean, what are invites for other than to give them away?

Nope i did not do a give away , i recently joined there and was keeping a 2+ ratio and was active everday.. i really have no idea , why i got disabled? well i have read all the FAQs .. one simple suspicion is i logged in from 3 differnt meachines.. but FAQ says its allowed ..
    Can any one help me to contact mods...

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Rule taken from what.cd :-
    Trading, selling or offering invites in public is strictly prohibited, and will get you permanently banned.
    You broke their rule and got disabled for it.Your generosity backfired,pity.
    Sorry for your loss man but time to move on coz I highly doubt you'll be re-enabled.

Also,your username is the same here as on what.cd. I suggest you change it or you might end up at the wrong side of the stick again.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    J-G's Avatar Zazhigaem
    1st rule - if u join tracker forum like this, use different nickname ;D
    Many trackers can ban u only because u r member here

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    SCR's Avatar H2SO4 BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by bladesharp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pone44 View Post
    @Wilton331-Did you Read site Rules-FAQ when signing up? I am not sure but i stay clear of giving out invites to anyone but close friends!
    @bladesharp- did you do a giveaway somewhere? Or something else not allowed on most sites, like a public giveaway where you give the invite to a complete stranger??
    I would think to invite even a friend there, i would make sure they can Rip-Upload-ect.

Nope i did not do a give away , i recently joined there and was keeping a 2+ ratio and was active everday.. i really have no idea , why i got disabled? well i have read all the FAQs .. one simple suspicion is i logged in from 3 differnt meachines.. but FAQ says its allowed ..
    If you didn`t do anything wrong as you claim .. most probably the one that invited you did ..and so you were disabled to .
    “Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.”

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    bladesharp's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by SCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bladesharp View Post

If you didn`t do anything wrong as you claim .. most probably the one that invited you did ..and so you were disabled to .
    that is sad , i was pretty excited on that tracker itself ... bad luck

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    It's only reasonable of the tracker staff to disable users for their public 'advertising' with giveaways. I may have a slightly different opinion on that but I also respect those sites where I'm a member and after some invite tree statistics I read in their forums my doubts have dwindled.

FYI: In all my months on what.cd I've only invited three users I knew previously and who I'd trust to behave. Nevertheless, while those three are still (good) members today, my invite tree that started with them has a total of 18% of disabled users. I'm only lucky that I'm not directly responsible for a single one of them

The sad thing is that this number of disabled users is no singular case but rather a little bit below average. Check out the what.cd forums for a topic about invite tree statistics for more of that.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Check out the what.cd forums for a topic about invite tree statistics for more of that.
    I don't think the OP can check out their forums since he's banned.
    But I guess you were trying to convey this point to the rest of us,so ty for the tip.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    BANNED BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Feeling View Post
    Invites are to give to TRUSTED FRIENDS that know how to keep a ratio and know what torrents are. Invites are not for give aways and to boost your rep on Public trading boards. The site doesnt want newbs on the site.

Simple as that.
    I humbly believe the I have the ability to sort out users who aren't "noobs". My "trusted" friends I know only use the pirate bay. Here, you can find torrent addicts that will most likely be better users.
    * I will however respect individual tracker's rules and if I'm not allowed to make giveaways, I won't. It's as simple as that.
    You should have read What's rules.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast