Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Cox Isp Called You? They Will Now!

Originally posted by powershot@13 August 2003 - 05:21
    Emule: All Games

Kazaa: I have not run it in about 2 months so that might be why It was not brought up.
    File Names?
    Curious.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Originally posted by Hogster@13 August 2003 - 05:13
    well if my ISP said that I would say fuck it I still would share
    That's what they all say.........Before they actually get a call.
    Then they run to their mommy's

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    well, I'm too damn old to be running to my mommy, and I'm still sharing too

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Originally posted by stonecold1203+14 August 2003 - 20:07--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (stonecold1203 @ 14 August 2003 - 20:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Hogster@13 August 2003 - 05:13
    well if my ISP said that I would say fuck it I still would share
    That&#39;s what they all say.........Before they actually get a call.
    Then they run to their mommy&#39;s [/b][/quote]
    Quite True. Although the ISP&#39;s such as Cox and others will only give you a warning, and if you get three, shut you down.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    On this board nowadays leechers are the most honoured users... but it is just my thoughts: I&#39;ve been here quite a long time (allmost a year) to notice that the board is slowly becoming degraded...

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Originally posted by Dieselpower@14 August 2003 - 20:55
    On this board nowadays leechers are the most honoured users... but it is just my thoughts: I&#39;ve been here quite a long time (allmost a year) to notice that the board is slowly becoming degraded...
    By...

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    As I use Cox Communications as my ISP, I was especially interested in reading this post.

I found this on the COX website:

Does Using A File Sharing Application Violate the Cox Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)?
    No, using a peer-to-peer file sharing program to download files does not in itself violate the AUP. If your software is already configured not to share files to other users, you should not have a problem. Please visit support.cox.net for more information and instructions for securing most common file sharing programs.

From what I read, this means they won&#39;t do a thing. Although, I am awaiting a response to an email I sent them.

I believe that Cox is in the same boat as every other ISP in the world.
    They receive a "threatening" letter from; the RIAA, MPAA, et al, they don&#39;t give up any personal information, and then warn said subscriber.

There-in lies the problem. (I wish more of you would read this, as I&#39;ve posted this before) Whether or not to give out this personal information. That&#39;s being argued in the US courts right now and, I&#39;m sure, soon will happen in other countries.

Don&#39;t be afraid to share files. An ISP giving out personal information, for now, is a legal gray area...(here in the US)

Share on my friends...

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Crap, I have Cox Cable Internet. Stupid RIAA and other media got to them.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Poster
    Cox cant have a problem with it. A couple months ago i got an email which had this in it:

"- What Might Cause My Account To Use Excessive Bandwidth?
    1. Often a peer-to-peer file sharing application such as KaZaa, Morpheus or Gnutella may be the problem. These programs operate as file servers by default and offer files from your hard drive to other Internet users, possibly causing your account to use excessive bandwidth without your knowledge. "

I got the email because i uploaded 1.11GB in one day, which is over te 1GB limit. They aren&#39;t saying its illegal or anything. Of course, that was 2 months ago

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Poster
    Wow that was scarry. I was downloading/uploading 3 movies and madden 2004 on bit torrent and all the green and red on my DU meter stopped&#33; I thought cox cut my connection But it was back up in 5 mins

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast