Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Leeching

ok, i believe in my last post i failed to realise/mention (its understandable since i did do it at about 1:30 in the morning) that also upload capacity and download capacity per second are two differant numbers, though it may only aplly to dsl+ but i should think that it applies to 56k too,however, if i am wrong and it doesnt apply to 56k, then you should set your max bandwidth for upload to 24 kilo bits per second (3kilo bytes per second) and maybe set your max upload amoyunt to 1 or 2, as for that aol user, same thing, well, if there was someone uploading from you at 3k per second constantly for 24 hours, it would go over the limit by 9.2 meg, but the odds of that happening are quite slim, as you probably wouldnt always get users with the ability to get 3k per second, or you wouldnt be on kazaa for 24 hours, i know i am, but as far as i know, theres no limit to amount of use, i use verizon, and i find that its pretty good, i do hear alot odf crap about aol... i use their cds as frisbees, you know, it really works, ny sister uses them t5o decorate her wall, so i guess they arent TOO bad... hahahahahaha, anyways, i hope that helps your connection problem, also, incase anyone wants to know how much you could possibly upload during any 24 hour period, heres the formula
    *note: doesnt work if anything has unlimited
    1. start with the max upload bandwidth
    2. multiply by 60
    3. multiply by 60 again
    4. multiply by 24
    5. divide by 8
    6. divide by 1000 to get megabytes, if desired
    and there you have it, though unless you set it really low, and are on for 24 hours a day, then you will never actually hit it, but its still fun to see... again, unless uploading crashes your computer/connection there isnt any good excuse you can give...

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    Poster
    Originally posted by Hogster@15 August 2003 - 07:17
    REALITY you better tone down that language a bit

you say f*ck not fuck

I dont think \ its the same guy as before
    eh he only said fuck 5 times i think

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    ok maybe someone can help me out with this, the whole bandwidth appears to be about 50 so if two uploads are say 25 each, my downloads drop out or slow to a crawl, in the options uploads is set at 1024, shoudl it be 24 so that i get at least half my band width...i have no problem with sharing just it seems to be a one way street most of the time
    No, if you wish to allow only 24KB/s upload
    You must multiply by 8.
    Thus enter 192kb/s.
    1Byte = 8bits.

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    Originally posted by REALITY@15 August 2003 - 06:59
    Of course if you are not the same person, clue me in.
    Considering the lack of response I guess it was the same person.
    I wonder if he ever talked to his parents.

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    Poster
    Originally posted by REALITY@15 August 2003 - 11:22
    ok maybe someone can help me out with this, the whole bandwidth appears to be about 50 so if two uploads are say 25 each, my downloads drop out or slow to a crawl, in the options uploads is set at 1024, shoudl it be 24 so that i get at least half my band width...i have no problem with sharing just it seems to be a one way street most of the time
    No, if you wish to allow only 24KB/s upload
    You must multiply by 8.
    Thus enter 192kb/s.
    1Byte = 8bits.
    Unfortunately, there's no 192 kilobits/sec option -- only 24,32,64,128,256,512,1024,2048,4096,8192,unlimited.

128 and 256 kilobits/sec are the closest -- with 128 kilobits/sec (16 KB/sec) being the closest and UNDER the desired amount.

MANY broadband connections only have 128 kilobits/sec TOTAL UPLOAD BANDWIDTH -- so even limiting KL++'s upload bandwidth to 128 kilobits/sec WILL overload the connection from time-to-time (because uploads isn't the ONLY thing eating your upload bandwidth&#33

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    Originally posted by Switeck@19 August 2003 - 17:59
    Unfortunately, there's no 192 kilobits/sec option -- only 24,32,64,128,256,512,1024,2048,4096,8192,unlimited.

128 and 256 kilobits/sec are the closest -- with 128 kilobits/sec (16 KB/sec) being the closest and UNDER the desired amount.
    Ah, so true, hadn't gone that deep.

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    if that person said they were on aol they're not the same. aol won't connect if kazaas running or will disconnect continually if you run kazaa. and no uploads is a total load concerning aol.

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    Originally posted by slick nick@20 August 2003 - 04:37
    if that person said they were on aol they're not the same. aol won't connect if kazaas running or will disconnect continually if you run kazaa. and no uploads is a total load concerning aol.
    The story runs a little deeper...
    http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?act=ST...t=0#entry457546
    I just saw a lotta bullshit floating.

As for AOL, I used to KaZaa on it all the time and never ha a problem.
    Just don't care for them much anymore.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234