Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I miss the 80's

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Not yet - supposed to start in June if HR mob in Edinburgh get their act together. They have mislaid the file when I last checked but was told not to worry, they were sure it turn up My own mob are done and dusted and have me moving on the 2nd of the month.

I am going to be checking up on them on Tues to see if they can just email me a copy of my contract.
    Unbelievable.

Mine still haven't sorted my pay out, so I've sent a wee gently reminder via the gift of email.

Everything else is sorted out on the HR systems with staff and so forth, so they definitely recognise that I'm in post. Pay is the only outstanding issue. Not a problem so far with the TP covering the difference but that's just finished so hopefully this month.

What's the chances.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Not yet - supposed to start in June if HR mob in Edinburgh get their act together. They have mislaid the file when I last checked but was told not to worry, they were sure it turn up My own mob are done and dusted and have me moving on the 2nd of the month.

I am going to be checking up on them on Tues to see if they can just email me a copy of my contract.
    Unbelievable.

Mine still haven't sorted my pay out, so I've sent a wee gently reminder via the gift of email.

Everything else is sorted out on the HR systems with staff and so forth, so they definitely recognise that I'm in post. Pay is the only outstanding issue. Not a problem so far with the TP covering the difference but that's just finished so hopefully this month.

What's the chances.
    I wouldn't hold my breath

I recall an ubber harsh lass at our place had her pay mucked up for months. She went to our Personnel people to complain and she was told that the pay clerk in HO had been run over and was dead and they were too upset to speak to her right now. She replied "but that does mean I might get someone competent doing my pay now, right"? The Personnel Dept. put in a complaint about her but she told them to spin on it. I quite liked her but she was harsh to the max.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

3. Lounge   -   #13
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    :earl:

Genious, but h4r5h to the max.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Me too, although I was born in 80s
    (\/)
    (O.o)
    (><)
    /_|_\
    Copy the bunny to your siggy to help him achieve world domination

5. Lounge   -   #15
    jayz707's Avatar the human BT Rep: +1
    me tooo. specially when i listen to music from the 80's and watch music vids that was made in the 80s...

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster

I wouldn't hold my breath

I recall an ubber harsh lass at our place had her pay mucked up for months. She went to our Personnel people to complain and she was told that the pay clerk in HO had been run over and was dead and they were too upset to speak to her right now. She replied "but that does mean I might get someone competent doing my pay now, right"? The Personnel Dept. put in a complaint about her but she told them to spin on it. I quite liked her but she was harsh to the max.
    I'm not a lesbian, but sometimes, just sometimes you can be attracted to someone despite your orientation .

I don't remember the 50s but I'd like to have been born then so I could say it was my favourite decade. 80s were too Thatchery, my dad seemed to always be on one strike or another, and I was always being told I was too little to do anything interesting .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12