Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OVH reseller help

btw, Datter, I sent you a pm. Read it if you're always interested.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    jam0980tr's Avatar jam cakes mmm Lovely
    edited
    Last edited by jam0980tr; 06-10-2008 at 12:04 AM.
    Down-Speed Up-Speed
    Proud 2 Be a Member Of 0sec Tmp3

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Your best bet DATTER is to have a friend there who'll resell for free.

IMO there's no point in paying £10 for a fucking resell. That's a total arse-rape.

The thing costs $40 a month, you're not going to pay an additional $20 for some pimp to pay it for you.

Just try to find someone who's staying there from your family or friends so they can do it for nothing, and then you can pay real price.

Just me 2 cents.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    colbert's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    It would be nice if OVH would get a reseller program working so there would be some more competition amongst resellers.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by VillageShaman View Post
    IMO there's no point in paying £10 for a fucking resell. That's a total arse-rape.
    You forgot one thing which is very important. Reselling a box is not only about creating an account, renting a server, putting your own identity and giving the login/password info to the person.
    It's also giving advice to people, setuping a box, explaining how everything works and monitoring the server (in order to avoid problems). And all of this take time. So it's normal that there are people who ask 20 euros for that service (myself, i only ask the quarter and there are fst members who beg me for a discount ).

And if there are people who wants to pm me about SB, don't do it unless you're serious.
    After my last post, i get spammed.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Reselling doesn't include all of that shite. Most people with more than shit for brains can manage their server themselves, thank you very much.

The definition of the term 'resell' means simply paying for it from the locales OVH accepts payment from (thus with cc/dc/bt of the accepted countries).

Nothing else.

Of course these OVH-merchants have to say they'll do more, and "explaining how everything works, monitoring the server, giving advice", so the arsanine amounts they charge aren't questioned.
    Monitoring the server can be done by the user, or the guy who set it up (which BTW there are good people out there who do for free), and for advice there are ample people who will give tips/advice w/out charging a fucking fee.

Notice I said "someone from family or friends", in other words, someone who doesn't fear "putting their own identity at risk" as you so eloquently put it.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by VillageShaman View Post
    Reselling doesn't include all of that shite. Most people with more than shit for brains can manage their server themselves, thank you very much.
    So, many FST members have no brains in that case. And what do you think of people who prefer emulating utorrent instead of using a native bt client under GNU/Linux?

Nevertheless, I agree with you on what you said. And the correct definition should be written below FST banner. So many people forget it (but not only on this forum).

One last thing, monitoring a KS or DB server is important.
    Since OVH and Free make possible the use of dedicated servers by newbies, everyday, several crackers try to take control on some of them. It's not really mentionned on forums but it's a serious problem (and adding several rules to iptables is not sufficient to solve the pb).

Edit: Nothing, too much spam...
    Last edited by kross; 06-11-2008 at 07:41 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    I guess you're right on that point. Security is important.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by kross
    myself, i only ask the quarter and there are fst members who beg me for a discount ).
    who's that person...
    And what do you think of people who prefer emulating utorrent instead of using a native bt client under GNU/Linux?
    what's wrong if someone prefer emulating utorrent instead of using rtorrent?
    I prefer utorrent because I more accostumed than rtorrent...

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kireta View Post
    who's that person...
    And what do you think of people who prefer emulating utorrent instead of using a native bt client under GNU/Linux?
    what's wrong if someone prefer emulating utorrent instead of using rtorrent?
    I prefer utorrent because I more accostumed than rtorrent...
    Its fine if you prefer it but you are severely limiting your speeds. At the end of the day, its your choice, as long as your happy with it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast