Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: extreme dyslexia challenge

Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I'd offer to help you with the norwegian, but there's a fair chance half of it turns to swedish if I do.

Like tessco I do know a bit about web programming (.css, html, xml, xhtml, xslt, javascript and etc.), though (but don't ask me about php), so give me a shout if there's something you can't solve there and I'll try to help you if I'm around.

If you're writing it by hand, so to speak, like I do when doing simple stuff, there are a couple of plugins for FF that may be of use for you.

Check out html-validator (to keep it w3c/tidy-compliant), firebug (for checking dodgy javascript), and web developer (can be good if you need to see where one div ends and another begins, if everything is the same colour, and for a lot of other stuff.)

http://www.w3schools.com/ is good for reference.

http://www.webdesignskolan.com/ too (especially for css), if you can handle the swedish.

For general design, as far as how stuff is actually supposed to look, I think you might be better suited to do it than me, with your background.

Just keep in mind that fonts sans-serif work better on screen, and that where to place stuff works a lot like how you'd do it with a newspaper article. Expect people to look at the upper left corner first, and a lot at the center of the screen, so keep the most important bits there.

There's more to it, and we did some research on it, if you need owt else, but that's the most important things to remember.

And do check out other sites, both for looks ('cos people are creatures of habit, so if something is done a lot, people probably expect it), and their source code.
    Last edited by Snee; 06-09-2008 at 11:18 PM.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Hey thanks for the help Rossco & Snee.
    That validator scares the crap out of me, cause i always have such a mess.
    Yes got a nice and simple css template, but i always tend to override the css with html....
    you need tunnel vision for the stuff.
    havent even started of the grfx yet,
    still arranging & plugging in the mess of a text they sent me. (7 pages of words) (the way they sent it begs a lot of flashing gifs)
    long night ahead.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Well if those two are offering to help then I'll offer to help too

To be fair though, I'm not as good as snee

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    computer geeks

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    yeah

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Did you know there are no Welsh dyslexics?

Well, there probably are but it's very very hard to tell

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12