Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Outrageous! Check this one out..

wevotedno's Avatar SeeD BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by robotpirate View Post
    quit whining. you should have known better...

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    If I'm not wrong, the rules in ratio problems are usually "if your ratio is below * for * days you're banned" or something. Why would they ban someone just for downloading something before he has the chance to give it back...and then being prompted to DONATE TO GET BACK? Ok, come on, that sucks.
    Last edited by Artakserksis; 06-21-2008 at 07:44 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    wevotedno's Avatar SeeD BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by Artakserksis View Post
    If I'm not wrong, the rules in ratio problems are usually "if your ratio is below * for * days you're banned" or something. Why would they ban someone just for downloading something before he has the chance to give it back...and then being prompted to DONATE TO GET BACK? Ok, come on, that sucks.
    in a nutshell

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiamma View Post
    Secondly, when you join you are given 1 GB of buffer to get you started. That does not mean you can speed download 7 GB torrents without seeding enough to get enough buffer to take down 7 GB torrents. I feel compelled to add that the mod did not ban you, the tracker did. It bans at a certain ratio level.
    So you are saying that it is not unreasonable that 10 minutes into downloading their first torrent a member is informed that their ratio is unacceptable even though they are still actively seeding. Look at it from a neutral's point of view....doesn't that seem extremely harsh.

I think judgement has been clouded here by simply looking at ratio alone which is not always an accurate assessment of the situation. You have to also have to take other factors into account.

TBH this is not exactly a good advertisement for your site.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by ghurka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fiamma View Post
    secondly, When You Join You Are Given 1 Gb Of Buffer To Get You Started. That Does Not Mean You Can Speed Download 7 Gb Torrents Without Seeding Enough To Get Enough Buffer To Take Down 7 Gb Torrents. I Feel Compelled To Add That The Mod Did Not Ban You, The Tracker Did. It Bans At A Certain Ratio Level.
    so You Are Saying That It Is Not Unreasonable That 10 Minutes Into Downloading Their First Torrent A Member Is Informed That Their Ratio Is Unacceptable Even Though They Are Still Actively Seeding. Look At It From A Neutral's Point Of View....doesn't That Seem Extremely Harsh.

I Think Judgement Has Been Clouded Here By Simply Looking At Ratio Alone Which Is Not Always An Accurate Assessment Of The Situation. You Have To Also Have To Take Other Factors Into Account.

Tbh This Is Not Exactly A Good Advertisement For Your Site.
    Ty

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    I have a "god" complex

I knew it!

(had the opportunity...and took it lol)

Na just kidding, Detale is pretty decent guy...he spams, just his spam doesnt have pictures and relates to law firms and stuff

Now that Skizo character...hmmm idk

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    BlueLabel's Avatar everybody jump BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    I have a "god" complex

I knew it!

Na just kidding, Detale is pretty decent guy...he spams, just his spam doesnt have pictures and relates to law firms and stuff

dude
    pictures its for ancients
    the new generation is movie clips
    did you check your gf lately???
    [youtube]xjBZr-mRyWs[/youtube]
    thank you S', you're realy good friend and I will never forget it.
    Linux Box by naq , Tracker Rules by Grind$oFine

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueLabel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat69 View Post

I knew it!

dude
    pictures its for ancients
    the new generation is movie clips
    did you check your gf lately???
    [youtube]xjBZr-mRyWs[/youtube]

hahaha bluelabel...classic.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Hanz™'s Avatar making the world go BT Rep: +3
    Yet another power happy bittorrent staff that in the normal world would never be capable of management. Big surprise.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    While I somewhat agree with the claim of the thread starter that he didn't have enough time to seed for whatever reason, I must admit I don't see any reason to be too pissed over it.

It's like here on FST - We have a set of rules, and if someone feels they are too harsh, we usually frown upon the claim, and say "se la vie...". I would take this case as the same thing. I've also been banned from Pedro's (twice in fact). But hey, I've been doing fine without that site.. Getting FLAC's and co. I bit my lip, and carried on.. Don't feel so down about it.. Moaning about it will just keep your anger in place.

There are numerous places you can get all of your music needs from.. A ban from 1 measly little site won't do much harm, trust me
    Last edited by tralalala; 06-21-2008 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast