Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP! Seedbox with Ubuntu..READ

KaySterling's Avatar Poster
    I installed "VSFTPD" in Ubuntu 7.04 trough synaptic manager.
    Then configured it by looking through this guide:
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-see...u-281331/page5

Then i installed CuteFTP at my home computer and connected to the dedi-box ip & login.
    I have a big problem with the speeds, im still trying to figure it out, i can download and send but the speed is like 90kb/s and i know i can DL faste to my home computer since its 24mbit down.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    midnightalker's Avatar Poster

Heart

Quote Originally Posted by h1pp0 View Post
    What kind of speeds do you get with them?
    The VERY LEAST is 2MB/sec but never for more than 10 minutes straight. The BEST speed so far was 10,8MB/sec for an hour or so, but 6-8 is more often..
    With no calculations, an estimated average is about 4MB/sec...

Quote Originally Posted by jayz707 View Post
    claim down you can do it. its not that hard as it may seem. linux is simple if you have any more problems post em here.

cheers!
    I'm trying, its been a while since I was a noob at something..

Quote Originally Posted by yellomello View Post
    hmmm. I purchased a seedbox from him (seedbox option, not dedicated server) and everything was already set up to use. (VNC, ftp, WebUI). Which option did you pick?
    I think this is very important!! If you check you will see that the same system exists in both Seedbox section and Dedicated Servers section. I went with the cheapest but it goes for every other system too. The price is the same too. What I think and I am pretty sure is that if you take it from the dedicated servers section its .."blank" (sorry can't think of another word right now) but if you take it from the seedbox section (notice the 1-person server which means not VPS) its exactly the same only this time, it's pre-configured. It's like stating that you want it for torrents so he just does all the hard work and then passes it over to you..I 'll try to contact dancefor to get an answer for that..
    EDIT: I talked to dancefor, the answer is YES. So thats pretty useful information..
    Last edited by midnightalker; 06-27-2008 at 10:16 PM.
    "Our Democracy is being self destroyed. Because he right of freedom and equality was abused. Because it taught the citizens to consider the insolence as right, the illegality as freedom, the impudence of reason as equality and the anarchy as bliss"
    Isocrates 436B.C. - 338B.C.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    KaySterling's Avatar Poster
    A little update from me.
    I installed Proftpd as FTP server on my box and stopped VSFTPD server.
    Then configured proftpd by following this guide:
    http://www.ubuntugeek.com/settingup-...h-proftpd.html

Then downloaded Filezilla to my homecomputer, chose to run "active" and then put in the info to my box - IP/username/pass and port 21 and then quick connect.

Now i get speeds like 1.8-2mb/s which is much better than before.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    jayz707's Avatar the human BT Rep: +1
    how can anyone who read this help you if you are not stating what exactly is your problem(s)? please give more information and i am sure you will get more direct tips that would save you a lot of time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12