Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: [ ptn ]problematic site

DeadCell's Avatar *sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by nthpeter View Post
    The only problem with PTN is that they dont allow traders or normal users with trader past. (But they cant stop traders to become members of PTN, i know some powder monkey traders...) They are traders, too, they trade rlses, movies, so i dont know why they think they are saints and traders are the evil.
    I do let ex-traders on but there has to a certain time limit for me to see them not as a threat, i know i cant stop all traders but i do find them and if they are actively trading i will disable them. About this 'trading movies and rlses' i dont understand that comment, i dont give people movies in exchange for other movies...

//DC//

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    nthpeter's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadCell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nthpeter View Post
    The only problem with PTN is that they dont allow traders or normal users with trader past. (But they cant stop traders to become members of PTN, i know some powder monkey traders...) They are traders, too, they trade rlses, movies, so i dont know why they think they are saints and traders are the evil.
    I do let ex-traders on but there has to a certain time limit for me to see them not as a threat, i know i cant stop all traders but i do find them and if they are actively trading i will disable them. About this 'trading movies and rlses' i dont understand that comment, i dont give people movies in exchange for other movies...

//DC//
    I mean trading movies is trading the bytes of the movies If you dont upload, you cant download. You have to give something to others to be able to download from others. (Like ppl who transfer rlses from one FTP to the other, scene call them traders, right?)

And I think:
    - if a trader wants to be in PTN in order to trade it, the account will be disabled sooner or later for inactivity OR the trader gives it to another trader OR to a member who use the tracker.
    - so sooner or later every account will have its proud PTN member, and till it hasnt, the trader use a seed server wich is also good for PTN.

But these are the rules of PTN, i dont want to critise the owner(s).

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    DeadCell's Avatar *sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by nthpeter
    I mean trading movies is trading the bytes of the movies If you dont upload, you cant download. You have to give something to others to be able to download from others. (Like ppl who transfer rlses from one FTP to the other, scene call them traders, right?)
    Alright i understand now.

Its the whole account passing hands thing that is dangerous, it could go from bad user to bad user to bad user and maybe even along the way to a user who has it in mind to harm the site, let alone the whole evil anti-piracy orgs out there (i know there are those who would say no point in trying to stop as they are already in but i still want to try). If there are good members out there who would like to be a part of PtN who dont trade it is as easy as answering a few questions to get an idea of how you would benefit the community and its harder to trade your way in. Im not gonna spout about anti-trading as its a worn out subject...

//DC//

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    i luv your ideology men proud to be a ptn member

at topic poster, well they are mostly doing it for free, no ratio at all, and dealing with sql and so forth, i think, without knowing much, you shouldnt judge the site, it is really a good site though there has been a problem recently. But problem occur, i have lots of thing going in my own life, so you are, therefore confronting a problem within a site isnt such a big problem, staff is also awesome.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    nthpeter's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadCell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nthpeter
    Alright i understand now.

Its the whole account passing hands thing that is dangerous, it could go from bad user to bad user to bad user and maybe even along the way to a user who has it in mind to harm the site, let alone the whole evil anti-piracy orgs out there (i know there are those who would say no point in trying to stop as they are already in but i still want to try). If there are good members out there who would like to be a part of PtN who dont trade it is as easy as answering a few questions to get an idea of how you would benefit the community and its harder to trade your way in. Im not gonna spout about anti-trading as its a worn out subject...

//DC//
    Youre right. But in my mind, traders dont harm the sites. Like in my case: I traded some accounts, i didnt use them but buffered them with lot of GBs. Now I use most of them, I try to be active in forums, I leech a lot to make a good ratio to others, etc...
    If I have an offer to trade something to a PTN acc. or invite, I think I will do it. And after I got the acc., Im sure I would use it, b/c I like the style of that site, and the power of a small community. (But now I realized how many ppl dont want me on that pirate ship... )

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    i'd like to take a look at the application form please.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    nthpeter, i believe in the same thing, what is the point of keeping an account if you wont use it? as long as you give the account to those who u deem worthy of the site, it shall be ok to trade. By trade meaning give away

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    what a load of crap

Ok you trade your account, the person you traded to gets banned for cheating.

so you really think that the only person thats going to get butt whipped is the new member.

You will as well, tracker staff do talk to each other you know, and pass info on to each other, so you will get get tarred with the same brush and banned from a few sites.

Also the reason for these small communities, is they do not want anyone that should not be there, in there, they let you have an account, but they dont want you giving that account away to just anyone, or to get into another tracker.

Its called security, and most smaller sites are really security concious.

as for your argument about uploading/downloading being the same as trading, what a load of crap, thats called sharing numbnuts not trading.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    well dude i am definitely not against safe trade or giveaway, if i dont use it, and know the person i am gonna give my account very well, where is the harm in that? i have a real friend here, who gave me tl for free shared his iplay and much more account, i use my seedbox with him and so forth, i trust his judgement and actions, i know what type of person he is, so if i were to give my account, i would give him without even thinking, because without trust in humanity, we are nothing but savage animals dude. I still cant bear this kinda mentality sorry dude, if i believe, he can really be an asset to this little community, i will give it if i dont use it...I get your reasons, however i still defend that without our faith in humanity, How can i entrust my life to doctor or anyone else for that matter? As far as i am concerned, this kinda isolated environment does harm than good to the tracker...

edit: as a final note, not everybody has the same opportunities like you or i do, if we dont lend a hand, then you shall have noone to help you out in the future
    Last edited by bilkenter; 06-26-2008 at 06:02 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    if you dont use it, DELETE it.

if he wants in, ask a staff member if he can get in, make a really really good PM about why you think he would be a good member. all they can say is no.

But no, no one does that, the staff are human as well, not some green eyed monsters to hide from you know.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast