Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [ ptn ]problematic site

DeadCell's Avatar *sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    if you dont use it, DELETE it.

if he wants in, ask a staff member if he can get in, make a really really good PM about why you think he would be a good member. all they can say is no.

But no, no one does that, the staff are human as well, not some green eyed monsters to hide from you know.
    Exactly.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    nthpeter's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    what a load of crap

Ok you trade your account, the person you traded to gets banned for cheating.

so you really think that the only person thats going to get butt whipped is the new member.

You will as well, tracker staff do talk to each other you know, and pass info on to each other, so you will get get tarred with the same brush and banned from a few sites.

Also the reason for these small communities, is they do not want anyone that should not be there, in there, they let you have an account, but they dont want you giving that account away to just anyone, or to get into another tracker.

Its called security, and most smaller sites are really security concious.

as for your argument about uploading/downloading being the same as trading, what a load of crap, thats called sharing numbnuts not trading.
    We can call it both trading and sharing I think. But not that sentence is my main argument. I know that small user limit means there are probably less cheaters (btw, i think traders are not cheaters, there are traders who want good trackers to use and cheaters who trade to be able to cheat on the sites).
    And of course security isnt that good that you think. All the trackers get their media from the Scene, which is also highly secured, with rules: 'Dont upload to P2P or we kill you!'. And there are cheaters in the Scene who think they are heros and make the Scene insecure by bringing rlses to P2P. And now torrent trackers are afraid of cheaters LOL .

OK, stop spamming, this could be in another topic.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    John1988's Avatar ★★★Need help?Ask★★★ BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    OMG here we go again.............

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by John1988 View Post
    OMG here we go again.............
    I just mentioned it to make a good argument, srry

PS.: I dont want to harm tracker owners just because they want to stay secure, i just dont like that they think they are the source of what they offer.
    Last edited by nthpeter; 06-26-2008 at 06:15 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    OK, i will explain this in laymans terms.

you create and account on a site.

you sign in, your email, IP etc is on your account.

You trade with someone 1 week to 10 years later

The person you traded with, cheats on his ratio.

he gets banned

the entire user history is there for the staff to see, they can tell its a trade, so you get tarred with the same brush.

But why trade, i hear on here all the time, there are far to many trackers as there is, and there is only so many places that get the releases, as in they get spread from one to the other anyway.

so whats the point of trading, and you cant say community, because traders keep their heads down and dont take part in the community just incase they get caught.

we are open and we still get traders, its bloody stupid.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    BANNED BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    i didnt know we could delete accounts, thanks for the info, but if buffered, why not let him use it? But, i got your argument mate, thanks for valuable information

edit: it means a lot to hear this from you
    Last edited by bilkenter; 06-26-2008 at 06:20 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by bilkenter View Post
    but if buffered, why not let him use it?
    That is all you ever mention isn't it? - buffering, buffered, buffer etc etc.

There is far more to torrenting than getting a seedbox and "buffering", you do realise that for every byte you overseed, someone down the chain cannot get their torrent back to 1:1 on their home pipe because of your greed?

You also seem to think that a buffer then gives you the opportunity to just leech & leech to use the "buffer up", well this is where HnR comes into play, most sites don't allow it, so for you to keep "buffering" so someone can use the buffer at a later date (in your warped mind) is 100% the wrong way to think about things.

I've said it before, you have a lot, a real lot, to learn about being a good torrenter.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    OK, i will explain this in laymans terms.

you create and account on a site.

you sign in, your email, IP etc is on your account.

You trade with someone 1 week to 10 years later

The person you traded with, cheats on his ratio.

he gets banned

the entire user history is there for the staff to see, they can tell its a trade, so you get tarred with the same brush.

But why trade, i hear on here all the time, there are far to many trackers as there is, and there is only so many places that get the releases, as in they get spread from one to the other anyway.

so whats the point of trading, and you cant say community, because traders keep their heads down and dont take part in the community just incase they get caught.

we are open and we still get traders, its bloody stupid.
    So, I mean, there are traders who trade to get into sites they want, then use them. I know there are some who cheat, trade as much they can and harm the community. But, I think, these ppl are very stupid and they are not too much. There are much more white hat traders
    (And i didnt know that tracker owners talk to each other about banned and dangerous users, thats new to me).
    If a tracker owner dont want these not-so-evil traders on his tracker, then ban them, I understand but cant accept that mentality.
    Giving an invite to a cheater is dangerous, thats really true, fortunately i havent done this before.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Where did this theory of filesharing is like trading??? i don't see any points or connections between the two.. all i see is someone trying in a pathetic way to justify trader actions... i'll admit its creative... but still pathetic.. seeing thats what trackers are all about.. sharing.. as for trading... what stoi was saying hit the nail on the head! the smaller communities want the security..
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bilkenter View Post
    but if buffered, why not let him use it?
    That is all you ever mention isn't it? - buffering, buffered, buffer etc etc.

There is far more to torrenting than getting a seedbox and "buffering", you do realise that for every byte you overseed, someone down the chain cannot get their torrent back to 1:1 on their home pipe because of your greed?

You also seem to think that a buffer then gives you the opportunity to just leech & leech to use the "buffer up", well this is where HnR comes into play, most sites don't allow it, so for you to keep "buffering" so someone can use the buffer at a later date (in your warped mind) is 100% the wrong way to think about things.

I've said it before, you have a lot, a real lot, to learn about being a good torrenter.
    This is also a good question. I have great buffers on sites, but i dont do HnR, I like to know that I dont have to worry about dling something. I feel Im a good torrenter. (And also a stupid one, once I uploaded almost 100Gb to TPB just b/c i found a rare TV show on it and i was very pleased )

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast