Thread: P2P-Network in need for donations of servers?

Hombre's Avatar Finish Him !!!! BT Rep: +1

Dry

Seems p2p-net was owned and supported by sct and since site closed they dont have how to pay for the servers and entire network can collapse. they're asking for 300$ in donations, though someone made their accounting and only around 100$ are needed to keep servers running. They never asked for money for 4 and half years, same time SCT was running and now they need?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    and i thought it was mininova who was supporting them.. :/

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Well its nothing newsworthy that they were using donations from SCT for that network. I thought everyone knew that. I doubt they pay anywhere near $300 for that network per month. But they probably do need money due to their main source of revenue closing. I mean they have alot of bills to pay.
    Their electric bill, their upgrading of pc's bill, their lunch bill... etc.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    not really, DjGrr has plenty sites/trackers/forums/topsites, sct was just a part of his business, check scenenotice.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    ^^^ Yes but when your used to making X dollars per month. Even though you have X dollars coming in from other locations you still notice a thousand dollars missing each month no matter how much your still getting elsewhere.
    Like a paycut of 50 cents an hour... seems like its not alot. But in the long run of a week/month/year its noticeable that its missing from the overall pot.