Originally posted by dlingeverything@17 August 2003 - 00:05
    I think most of the people who
    right viruses just want to prove
    to themselves and to some others
    that they have some kind of power
    and are UB3R-L33T-H4X0R5.

They are actually just proving to us
    that they are losers who have no life.
    I think that was the point i was making.

But well put.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Actually, I think the real reason that we have viruses now is that around (based on the assumption that viruses were around even in the 80s) its genesis in the 80s, there were a lot of capitalism which seemed too BSy for them (I'm not writing my own opinion BTW, this is just how I think they see it), and the first generation of virus writers became freedom fighters to screw with the large companies & the military.

Unfortunately, since the 90s the well-known skill of the first-gen writers spawned a load of 'I can do that too!' writers - The second generation. Viruses became a cliche & a fashion in the technological underground, and the rest is history.

Unfortunately, we had the third gen now - The moronic script kiddies who can't write their own in scratch but use over-slimpistic tools & tutorials to make half-decent crap, in the delusional dream that they will be considering "uber-l33t" (which, to normal people like you and me, translates to "seriously f***ing sad".

Nowadays, the serious virus writers now act as "challengers" to "train" AV software (It's not new - Hackers are known to test popular security software including firewalls).

God - I hate to see what the fourth generation end up as

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Who write viruses?

One answer,

fatass nerdswith they're computers with no life or friends
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Originally posted by Illuminati@17 August 2003 - 01:12
    Actually, I think the real reason that we have viruses now is that around (based on the assumption that viruses were around even in the 80s) its genesis in the 80s, there were a lot of capitalism which seemed too BSy for them (I'm not writing my own opinion BTW, this is just how I think they see it), and the first generation of virus writers became freedom fighters to screw with the large companies & the military.

Unfortunately, since the 90s the well-known skill of the first-gen writers spawned a load of 'I can do that too!' writers - The second generation. Viruses became a cliche & a fashion in the technological underground, and the rest is history.

Unfortunately, we had the third gen now - The moronic script kiddies who can't write their own in scratch but use over-slimpistic tools & tutorials to make half-decent crap, in the delusional dream that they will be considering "uber-l33t" (which, to normal people like you and me, translates to "seriously f***ing sad".

Nowadays, the serious virus writers now act as "challengers" to "train" AV software (It's not new - Hackers are known to test popular security software including firewalls).

God - I hate to see what the fourth generation end up as
    I don't see why anybody would won't to be considered part of the Uber-l33t it seem to me that if these people actully had any skill at all they would spend there time not writing crappy software which contains minimal code which i could program in my sleep, but actully produce software with a few million lines of code and actually benifit people in some way.

If these pathetic individuals really wanted to be considered elite they should write software that would be acknowlege as geniuos and a step forward in the world of software development and not two steps back.

I just dont understand these people at all.

maybe they are just not good enough to write real software so they spend there lives writing crap, thinking of themselves as 1st class programmers. haha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12