View Poll Results: Should I say hell with vista and go back to XP pro?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

79 72.48%
  • No

30 27.52%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Go back to XP or keep vista?

Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    I still prefer XP pro , I think it's faster on my systems . I'm using XP Indego 9 on one computer and Black XP 19 on the other .

I wonder if its the performance tweak that's included ?

PERFORMANCE TWEAK: CORE OS & KERNAL RUNNING IN RAM
    I never liked those home-hacked things, preferring to know exactly what alterations I've made myself.

You can do that sort of thing on any xp, though. Lookie here: http://kadaitcha.cx/performance.html (scroll down a bit).

Found a few sites for tweaking Vista as well. Here's one: http://www.tweakvista.com/VistaPerformanceTweaks.aspx (not seen any reviews of it, and can't be arsed going through everything, so use at your own peril). And don't bother with the utility on there, just those articles.
    Last edited by Snee; 07-18-2008 at 11:48 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    I have been is same situacion like u.

For few months i have used Vista and it was good (not many problems also) untill one day i started to ask my self why i really need vista for so much??

there was also some programs that still havent work with vista yet even tho vista was out abouth year and half...then i have started to get some errors with my video card bla bla so this was very good time to go back to my favorite OS ever XP,and just in than time(one or two week later) SP3 was released and i have no more reasone to go back vista..

now im on dual boot XP and Ubuntu, so next time when i will use new windows it will be windows 7..

even Bill Gates said vista is not that great

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    @ Snee , ya I knew some of those tricks from the first link and use them religiously, as for the other are they the same people as Tweak XP ?

I know it helps that I have a dual quad and 3 gb of ram but still tweak and use programs like Windowblinds and Styler to give my computer a personal feel .

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    go back to xp install nod32 v3 and sygate firewall debug build. xp seems more prone to malware/advertising trojans. i find vista too annoying for that to be a reason to use it. although if the problem is with the activation; get one of the monthly releases of vista from the usual places. the activation patch works flawlessly.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    revolution's Avatar Poster
    I don't like Vista so I would go back to XP

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    @ Snee , ya I knew some of those tricks from the first link and use them religiously, as for the other are they the same people as Tweak XP ?
    No idea, tbh.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    jeymacel's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    I strongly recommend you to use microsoft windows sp2 Student variant of ETH0

**Wish for seedbox acces !

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    nthpeter's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    xp is perfect for me, but i like the vista design, maybe windows 7 will be better than these.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    This poll is idiotic and some of the responses are even worse ("Vista sucks"...oh yeah, that's helpful).

First, basing your impressions on an admittedly "non-legit", cracked copy of the OS is silly...what did you expect?
    Second, you didn't mention your PC specs or what you intend on doing with the machine, so how can anyone pretend to give pertinent advice?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I think if you have at least 3 or 4 gigs of memory then you won't see much of a difference between XP and Vista. Also, Vista is more stable than XP.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast