View Poll Results: Do you download cams, or do you wait for a DVD Rip/DVD-R?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like to download cams as soon as they are out.

1 1.85%
  • I like to wait for a high quality DVD Rip/DVD-R.

46 85.19%
  • I like to download the cam, and then download the DVD Rip/DVD-R when it is released.

7 12.96%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cam or DVD Rip/DVD-R?

In the early days, yes I dl cam because I know no better. Now that I know what those tags mean, I dl mostly dvd rip.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    respawn40's Avatar Phoenix Wright :D BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by tknaught View Post
    Cam/TS was alright when I was a teenager and the idea of being able to download a movie on the internet before it was released on video was a new thing.

Now I have the patience to wait for a quality version of the movie, though I mostly just pay to watch them in theaters.
    Well, I'm a teenager (14), and I don't feel the need to have the movie as soon as it's out. I'd much rather be able to watch it in an enjoyable quality, than some shaky, noisy, out of focus cam I still watch a lot of movies in theater though (yay parents!)

I am a exsellent speller and I use grammer very good.

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    jam0980tr's Avatar jam cakes mmm Lovely
    I like to download the cam, and then download the DVD Rip/DVD-R when it is released.

1 good Reason why i download cam is couse of STG Re-Encodes on cams
    STG copys reminds me of maVen grp...
    DVDSCR i download most of the times now and R5.

plus Back in the days MoF,maVen few others grp's you only need a TS or Tc and it's super duper copy..
    and you don't have to worry about anything,then you can wait for the final release!!

The scene has changed alot that's all am sayying lol..

northing will bring back the old days of torrenting..
    Last edited by jam0980tr; 07-17-2008 at 04:08 AM.
    Down-Speed Up-Speed
    Proud 2 Be a Member Of 0sec Tmp3

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quality or GTFO.

Cams aren't worthy of my time. I'm not so impatient that I can't wait. This is especially true in modern times as DVDs are sometimes released a month or even weeks after the film leaves the theater.

I won't even download divx. Those look awful as well once they are enlarge to full screen. Its got to be 720p if I'm going to watch a movie or TV show on the PC.

yo

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    respawn40's Avatar Phoenix Wright :D BT Rep: +2
    Thanks Skizo (I'm assuming, Mr. Silent Mod). I couldn't make up my mind between File Sharing, Movies, or Bittorrent =/ They all kinda relate >.<
    Last edited by respawn40; 07-17-2008 at 04:29 AM.

I am a exsellent speller and I use grammer very good.

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    I wait for the DVD-R

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    The Flying Cow's Avatar windowlicker BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by jam0980tr View Post
    1 good Reason why i download cam is couse of STG Re-Encodes on cams [/I]STG copys reminds me of maVen grp...
    DVDSCR i download most of the times now and R5.

plus Back in the days MoF,maVen few others grp's you only need a TS or Tc and it's super duper copy..
    and you don't have to worry about anything,then you can wait for the final release!!

The scene has changed alot that's all am sayying lol..

northing will bring back the old days of torrenting..
    This is very true. Back in the day maVen made such great TS's, as well as Centropy (pre-release of Matrix comes to mind), that watching them was no eye or ear sore. That's what I meant when I said "a top-notch TS". I watched 'em all, I vividly remember the Madagascar TS, which was also very well made (it was CTP as well I'm pretty sure) and the POT CAMs that sometimes were almost better than nowaday's TS's. Stuff like "Crash" (2004), that I managed to watch a CAM many many many months before the movie appeared, and the CAM was very watchable.

Nowadays I do sometimes watch the STG re-encodes, but I mostly stick to later releases (DVDSCR onwards) unless it's a non-action highly anticipated flick. But even then I tend to wait.

-Sherman

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    lostdemon's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Since I watch movies only once I try not to ruin it by watching a cam or TS. I prefer to wait for an R5, dvd rip or DVD-R. I still haven't seen Iron Man yet just patiently waiting for a good copy of it to come out.

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    thebazzla's Avatar 'The Steelmen' BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    i don't download cams at all. for me it is a waste of time and bandwidth.
    if i wanted to see it so badly i would go to the cinema first. then download a good quality rip providing the film was good

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    crumble6's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Yeah cams are just terrible, I wait for dvdrip. Occasionally I may grab a cam if it looks good quality in the screens, but I usually stay well away.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast