Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: My view on Traders

DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    I agreed with everything you posted 1080p. Especially that these so-called "ex-traders" that have seen "the light" cannot be trusted. You're a very insightful person.

Except for this:

Quote Originally Posted by 1080p View Post
    Nobody can sit here and tell me they don't want to browse UK-T, just to see what the site is like.
    I don't think it's possible for me to care any less about that site. I'm sure it has nothing going for that I can't find at just about every other site.
    regarding ex-traders, i would agree about the ones who after months of trading here call themselves "retired" or "ex-trader" only to save their asses. but then there are people who begun their journey on private trackers by trading their demonoid code for a tl invite, a tl invite for an oink invite, etc. simply because they didn't know that there are other ways. once they learn that there are responsible ways of getting what they want, they quit trading and never go back.

the only problem is that it's hard to sort these guys out from the bad ones, but i would say that you can generally sense if a guy is responsible and honest, or if he is just pretending. for example, i would not trust a guy who have traded alot on this board and then "retire", because as a user on fst, you cannot avoid the debate between anti-traders and traders and learn that there are other ways of joining than trading. traders on this board knows, but just don't give a damn.

2. BitTorrent   -   #72
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well before you close it (which you cant do btw) i just want to say 1 last thing.

Invite Trading:

I dont mind invite trading at all, and here is why.

as long as Member A wants to get into tracker B, and Member B wants to get into tracker A to use the invite, then i dont care because. << if they just want it for the lvl and for an e-penis though, feck them.

They both have their own identities
    They both sttart out from scratch, 0 ul 0 dl 0.00 ratio
    They should both look out for each other, as they are in each others invite tree.
    They should take part in the community, because they have their own identity.

Account Trading:

I despise this because.

They have someone elses identity so will keep below the radar, and never get involved in the tracker/forums/IRC.

They usually trade for a buffered account, to rape that account dry and the tracker dry of a lot of stuff.

They usually dont care about the tracker, its only their to rape of its content, and they dont give a shit if they get banned, after all its not their name thats going to be mud, its the original account holders.

thats why account giveaways are wrong as well.
    Last edited by stoi; 08-01-2008 at 12:15 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #73
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    so you made a new (duplicate) account to come and cause trouble I see?
    what? and more what?
    how am I causing trouble, how is this account a duplicate (check me mods)

I'm starting to get what benchez was saying earlier, most of these guys are complete idiots and useless to have a discussion with
    seriously, calling people morons and idiots for no reason is causing trouble in my book. Its insulting people on purpose , which I know the mods here wont do anything about because they never do, but have some respect and follow the board rules. Oh that's right, you're "new" you may not have read the rules, please forgive me.
    Mate you miss quoted me I never said that...I realise it was a mistake just pointing it out.

what exactly makes you a "top" tracker, no disrespect intended.
    Well for a start having a decent reputation among members and staff at other sites. A commitment to sharing rather than making money. A desire to protect the safety and security of your members. Those are just some of the things I take into consideration when judging a tracker and to be clear I wasn't talking about the WTAW thread. I was just trying to point out that for some people that may be newer members here that your actions on one tracker can and do have consequences in the wider BT world and that they should think twice before trading.
    Last edited by sear; 08-01-2008 at 12:27 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #74
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post

Mate you miss quoted me I never said that...nor did I insult anyone or call them a moron. I realise it was probably a mistake just pointing it out.

you were in the quote, it wasn't directed towards you... I hate trying to cut out the extraneous stuff, no offense meant.

EDIT: wow I can do it!! (I fixed the above one too sear)
    Last edited by puckface; 08-01-2008 at 12:31 AM.
    Go Leafs Go.

5. BitTorrent   -   #75
    Do these anti trader/trader threads go anywhere? Are torrent site trades down according to the official "bittorrent crime statistics"?

6. BitTorrent   -   #76
    Anyway, I believe that everyone has an urge to see whats higher. You cant escape it because its human nature. Curiosity is the motive behind most traders. Nobody can sit here and tell me they don't want to browse UK-T, just to see what the site is like. That addresses B.
    Anyway, I believe that a large number of torrenters has an urge to see whats higher. Most cant escape it because its human nature. Curiosity is the motive behind most traders. Only a few can sit here and tell me they don't want to browse UK-T, just to see what the site is like.

If your post was that of the edited version; then I would have agree with you. Sweeping statement is bad; but I will not call you an idiot or a moron. I have big problem with explaining myself simply because english is not native to me.

If you think that I support trading; check my posting history. You will see that I am 'clean'. I don't come to this forum to get to those top sites. I am happy with tpb and demon. call me a noob if you have to. But calling members here as moron just relefect the immaturity in yourself.

Finish your school, get yourself a good degree and then we can talk on even ground. At the moment please have more self-control.
    Last edited by TP635; 08-01-2008 at 12:39 AM.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

7. BitTorrent   -   #77
    Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    ill probably let benchez respond to this and then close the thread

He has seen it. I will move mine out to its own thread and you can close this one.

8. BitTorrent   -   #78
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post
    you were in the quote, it wasn't directed towards you... I hate trying to cut out the extraneous stuff, no offense meant.

EDIT: wow I can do it!! (I fixed the above one too sear)
    non-taken

Quote Originally Posted by disconny View Post
    Do these anti trader/trader threads go anywhere?
    no they don't

9. BitTorrent   -   #79
    You weren't even addressing that quote, you said that trading was a legit way to get invites in which I disagreed with

10. BitTorrent   -   #80
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    @1080p : why won't you tell people your previous identity on FST btw? you are obviously not a new comer here

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast