Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Are there any good arguments against trading?

Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Now go away.

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    Sextent's Avatar Version Five
    Quote Originally Posted by integral View Post
    I like how people love to argue the point that traders can be honest people who only stop once they've got their one "dream" tracker. Start viewing the post/thread history of random traders in the trading section, and tell me if you still have the audacity to argue that point.
    The end justifies the means is rarely a good argument.

Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    Looks like that's a yes.
    Last edited by Sextent; 08-02-2008 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    Is it ok to trade for high level trackers, sell them on ebay, and buy bread and water from the profits to feed my starving family?

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    deadalive1's Avatar VS ***** BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by disconny View Post
    Is it ok to trade for high level trackers, sell them on ebay, and buy bread and water from the profits to feed my starving family?
    heh, NO , if your family was starving you shouldn't be paying for internet access, get ya lazy ass off the internet and go to work.
    Please do not randomly PM asking for invites as I have none to give out. Have a nice day.

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    Quote Originally Posted by deadalive1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by disconny View Post
    heh, NO , if your family was starving you shouldn't be paying for internet access, get ya lazy ass off the internet and go to work.
    +1 Try working
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by That1Guy View Post
    I didnt even read the whole post, but the reason not to trade is it is against the rules. There can be honor among thieves imo
    which is exactly why owners like stoi are frustrated and can't trust you.....
    Stoi is frustrated with me because I am not a trader?
    I said "there can be honor among thieves". What I mean is just because we may break certain "rules". (*cough* pirates *cough). does not mean we dont have morals....Are you confused or did I miss something?
    DO NOT PM me 4 invites thanks

7. BitTorrent   -   #57

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by That1Guy View Post

which is exactly why owners like stoi are frustrated and can't trust you.....
    Stoi is frustrated with me because I am not a trader?
    I said "there can be honor among thieves". What I mean is just because we may break certain "rules". (*cough* pirates *cough). does not mean we dont have morals....Are you confused or did I miss something?
    Mea culpa, I actually read your post the other way, as in there can be no honor among thieves since the main gist of this thread has been an argument to try and legitimise trading by saying that the end justifies the means!
    So for that I do apologise, it is just I have seen the same thing over & over & over and the same argument is wheeled out , yet it really doesn't change things one bit, the private trackers want you to respect their rules, they are so very simple, and basically all they are asking for is consideration as members of the website that they created.

Quote Originally Posted by kooftspc11 View Post

ahhhhh I see my favorite little forum troll is back to toss some more flames on the fire then sod off to watch the mayhem........ it gets less fun when people get wise to you

ahhh i see my #1 fan on fst...how do you do, sir?
    Last edited by Artemis; 08-03-2008 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Its basically a catch 22 situation.

We open up, we get dupes, cheats, idiots etc etc

We close to stop them, we get the dupes trading and selling accounts.

We bring in invites we get the good members not using them for fear if being banned, and the dupes cheats inviting themselves making more dupe accounts, or trading/selling the things.

we just cant win.

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    Its basically a catch 22 situation.

We open up, we get dupes, cheats, idiots etc etc

We close to stop them, we get the dupes trading and selling accounts.

We bring in invites we get the good members not using them for fear if being banned, and the dupes cheats inviting themselves making more dupe accounts, or trading/selling the things.

we just cant win.
    How did it work out when you personally invited people after they explained why they wanted BCG?
    I know you got at least one good member that way (me)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456