Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: David Blaine

Aberrant
    Originally posted by TheFilePirater@20 August 2003 - 17:41
    i bought his *special* edition dvd and it shows how some of his tricks are done, look on good ol google, they show u how...especially the floating 1
    TheFilePirater bought a DVD?

You should hang your head in shame!

2. Lounge   -   #52
    Originally posted by TheFilePirater@20 August 2003 - 16:41
    i bought his *special* edition dvd and it shows how some of his tricks are done, look on good ol google, they show u how...especially the floating 1
    do u have the link from google?

3. Lounge   -   #53
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    when i saw the heading of this topic my initial reaction was "i'm gomnna go on and write what a tit he is" then when i clicked on it you beat me to it.

[QUOTE]but how much of a tit is this guy? [QUOTE]

4. Lounge   -   #54
    chalkmongoose
    Originally posted by Spider_dude@21 August 2003 - 00:03
    when i saw the heading of this topic my initial reaction was "i'm gomnna go on and write what a tit he is" then when i clicked on it you beat me to it.

but how much of a tit is this guy?
    Actually, that could be better put, simply as "how many of his sexual organs is he willing to risk?"
    Freezing one's self for three days cannot be good for the testicles, and going without food or sexual stimulation for fourty days has to be truckloads worst.

5. Lounge   -   #55
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    I heard from a reliable source (my mother lol) that for the ice thing they used mirrors to make it look like he was in the cube at certain points, so he could rest

Apparently there was a big outrage about it or something

EDIThhh yeah and I can explain the floating thing

TRICK SPOILER

first of all, David goes out into the street and gets his camera man to film peoples reaction to him rising (ever so slightly) off the ground by doing the old fashioned "heels together" thing where he lifts a couple of inches with his foot. The crowd are amazed and the camera man gets the reactions, while crucially, not filming david. Then, they go for the famous "behind arm" shot, where the camera man is behind the arm of one of the supposed spectators, usually on the far left, and David appears to be floating several feet off the ground. What is really happening, is this "arm" is actually an actor or extra wearing the same top as the real person who gave the reaction (if your with me), and david is being lifted by crane. Crucially, and the real flaw in the stunt, is that you never get a shot of the audiences reaction and david floating really high, in the same shot. All don with faked reactions and some basic camera trickery

this was written really quickly so if you want it more thoroughly, umm, ask me tommorow

6. Lounge   -   #56
    chalkmongoose
    That would make a lot more sense than Blaine floating.

7. Lounge   -   #57
    it was a long time ago, i kno i kno!
    i bought a dvd

8. Lounge   -   #58
    chalkmongoose
    Originally posted by TheFilePirater@21 August 2003 - 01:41
    it was a long time ago, i kno i kno!
    i bought a dvd
    I do it all the time... I love supporting the RIAA, and the MPAA, and Metallica.

I do?

9. Lounge   -   #59
    ya the last movie i bought on dvd was the spice girls.....yumm

10. Lounge   -   #60
    chalkmongoose
    Originally posted by TheFilePirater@21 August 2003 - 01:45
    ya the last movie i bought on dvd was the spice girls.....yumm
    I hope you're referring to a "best of" collection of clips from the Spice Channel.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast