Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Read This Story

Originally posted by balamm@21 August 2003 - 02:53
    I understand very well as I also have a cap.
    When it's exceeded, the peer to peer programs are turned off. Not just the uploads, everything.
    So what you're saying doesn't make sense unless you're suggesting that someone would pay to keep on downloading only? Even that doesn't make sense because the bandwidth cost is too prohibitive.
    Don't limits usually come with a higher download than upload?

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    No, it doesn't. The sensible user does. Why download what you can get in a more pure form on CD, in a box, for the same cost?
    good point

oviously this guy was very dumb and didnt read the very small print that they put on their

anywya PIGPND f*cking sux ass anyway RIPP OFF the guy deserves it from using that crappy ISP

Don't limits usually come with a higher download than upload?
    I dont know what the limet was exactly but it doesnt matter becaseu he would have whent way overboard anyway

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by DasScoot+21 August 2003 - 04:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DasScoot @ 21 August 2003 - 04:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-balamm@21 August 2003 - 02:53
    I understand very well as I also have a cap.
    When it&#39;s exceeded, the peer to peer programs are turned off. Not just the uploads, everything.
    So what you&#39;re saying doesn&#39;t make sense unless you&#39;re suggesting that someone would pay to keep on downloading only? Even that doesn&#39;t make sense because the bandwidth cost is too prohibitive.
    Don&#39;t limits usually come with a higher download than upload? [/b][/quote]
    Please don&#39;t suggest that that logic makes leeching ok......

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    no f*ck being a leech I even try to have my poor old 56k running for ppl overnight without downloading anything so they can get my damm rares.

The whole idea of P2P is to share of course

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Poster

hi there &#33;
    just to add a little more on Telstra. i also have this isp on cable.
    my plan is 3000 mb/month-unlimited download speed but capped at 15kb upload.
    i choose to be informed via email once 80% is used.
    you can also have the meter on desk top which is updated on the hour.
    generally towards end of month my dl are approx 1500-1800 mb and uploads are the balance. i&#39;ve been caught out a few times going over the limit(forgetting to exit K++) as a rule i check balance regularly because i&#39;m not rich and i hate paying those money grubbing mongrels any more than i have to.
    regards
    m8t

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Yeah Telstra really suck don&#39;t they

if I had ADSL and ulimited uploads I would rip my entire 300 DVD collection and leave my puter on 24 hrs a day for everyone to spread the love and spread the REAL files on kazaa

but im f*cked

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Hey Hogster, Instead of Pissing and Moaning like a little School Girl, Why don&#39;t you do Something about any ISP problems you might Have.
    Yes, I agree, here in Australia we have some ISP&#39;s with really unfair plans. But then on the other hand, we have some really good ISP&#39;s too.
    After I had a Problem with "Optusnet" I went across to Dodo Internet.
    For only a few small dollars more than what the whole 56k dial thing cost me, I now have unlimited 256k download/64k Upload ADSL. No Caps on Downloads or Uploads.
    So it is the ISP&#39;s like Dodo Internet that make "Optusnet" & "Telstra Big Pond" even bigger suckers than what they already are.

There are some really good ISP&#39;s available. All people have to do is look around instead of just picking the 2 Biggest names in Internet and Telecommunications.
    If You&#39;re not happy with what you have CHANGE IT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Hey Hogster, Instead of Pissing and Moaning like a little School Girl, Why don&#39;t you do
    I was refering to the person with bigpond not myself I dont even use bigpond for f*ck sake learn to read my posts propaly

and for your information I can&#39;t get dsl becasue Im stuck on a RIM phone and Telstra the bastards won&#39;t upgrade me becasue they couldn&#39;t be bothered spending the money for 1 person in my area to upgrade they want alot more requests, however I bet if I asked to have their shitty service they would.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12