Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: tv-vault

integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Grind$oFine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by integral View Post

TV is too small of a niche?
    the things is... you know, i posted their content guidelines, but it's not a very good representation, imo.
    as i've seen in their forums where people can ask if they can upload "___", some shows can be old - very old - and still not be allowed there because they feel that it's too popular or not rare enough.
    and that's fine, by all means - but this "really rare tv show" niche really might not catch on. especially when bitmetv is around with all these shows, plus a TON more.
    but that could be said about myspleen also, which is really good tracker and has a lot of support.

one bad thing right now is - it's not freeleech and a lot of uploads are full seasons. now they have some good shows uploaded, but i can't download 5GB on fresh account and hope someone else decides to download it soon - there really aren't a lot of peers. AND if i wanted to download a whole series... well there's no chance of that right now. not even with a seedbox.
    that's the good thing about having popular shows/content - you can always count on downloading things like Lost and being able to seed those so you don't have to worry about your ratio.
    they definitely need a bonus seeding system of some sort, imo. or some sort of freeleech or very strict rules on overseeding or SOMETHING.
    this is purely speculation, i haven't grabbed anything yet tbh - i'd love to download a few things, but i can't for fear of the above...
    Agreed. Open signup should continue until a decent amount of users have been accumulated, and then closed. Freeleech should be turned on for maybe a week or so, so the current torrents have seeds or whatever. Then open signups again, shut off freeleech, which would hopefully result in more leeching activity and such.

And yeah, old tv series may not be a big enough selection, especially if some of them are denied for being "too popular". The number of torrents may remain low, or even worse, climax, and seeding/leeching opportunities may disappear. I think that administration on that tracker will eventually loosen up a bit concerning what can be uploaded, for the sake of the users.

they didn't built Rome in one day

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    medeni's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Sounds interesting. Will try.
    thx

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post

Replacing BitmeTV ... keep on dreaming!
    tv-vault, alike CG, focuses in old stuff (4+ year old tv stuff to be precise).

Bitmetv has both old + new TV stuff.

saying tv-vault will replace Bitmetv is like saying, CG will replace TC. Both of them have different target audience.
    Last edited by squirr3l; 08-13-2008 at 12:25 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post

Replacing BitmeTV ... keep on dreaming!
    and who exactly told u that?
    It was a reaction on this post on the first page:
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
    Yup,it's CG's owner who's started TV-vault.I'm thrilled to see such an initiative,if this goes as planned then bitmetv might lose its significance.

Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    Bitme has both old + new TV stuff.
    and who exactly told u that? Bitme feeds your brain.

Damn... you already edited your post !!!
    Can you feel the LOVE

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    1 min before your post
    Last edited by squirr3l; 08-13-2008 at 02:36 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Eargasm's Avatar Whoa BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19

Arrow

This site is coming along quite nicely. I downloaded a 20GB tales from the crypt pack from there the other day and have already seeded back 84% of it, so people are definitely leeching. From the looks of it, this site is definitely ramping up.

From the news: "everything in the Animation category is now on freeleech until august 31st".

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    respawn40's Avatar Phoenix Wright :D BT Rep: +2
    I like what they have in their Animation category

I am a exsellent speller and I use grammer very good.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    I am a member of Cinemageddon (yes got myself a new account )

I joined tv-vault just because it was advertised on the news page. It looks ok and I wish them good luck with it but there arn't any shows there that I would watch.

But you can't beat Cinemageddon for rare obscure shit so i'm glad it's under same management

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Eargasm View Post
    This site is coming along quite nicely. I downloaded a 20GB tales from the crypt pack from there the other day and have already seeded back 84% of it, so people are definitely leeching. From the looks of it, this site is definitely ramping up.

From the news: "everything in the Animation category is now on freeleech until august 31st".
    true, decent amount of snatches already.

oh n i love that news. I might just leech the whole animated section, only if i had BIG HD. Not because of freeleech but because peps are sharing some quality stuff there.

/me frees disk space
    Last edited by squirr3l; 08-16-2008 at 06:17 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    It looks like they have the same layout as what.cd, lol.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast