Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BT Site with the worst stylesheet?

oh my. i really hope SITR doesn't win this one. but in our defense we do have six or seven different styles to choose from

cheers.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by pondini View Post
    oh my. i really hope SITR doesn't win this one. but in our defense we do have six or seven different styles to choose from

cheers.
    I think you know the answer to that one....you usually seem proud of the fact that SITR "stands out"

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Eargasm's Avatar Whoa BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    The worst stylesheet has got to be the one at bit-hdtv. They only have one style sheet to choose from, and it's ridiculously ugly. The background is that vomit inducing diagonal pattern that Waffles uses on some of it's styles (fortunately not all of them). And the main colors are orange and white. Again, you cannot change it. They also have a huge banner and it doesn't even say bit-hdtv, it says Beowulf and their is a picture of Ray Winstone from the movie Beowulf. So is this a bit-hdtv or Beowulf tracker? It has been there for at least a couple months. Worst design ever.

SITR had the best stylesheets but they've got some issue with table width and that does affect the aesthetics.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    haveblue's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Eargasm View Post
    The worst stylesheet has got to be the one at bit-hdtv. They only have one style sheet to choose from, and it's ridiculously ugly. The background is that vomit inducing diagonal pattern that Waffles uses on some of it's styles (fortunately not all of them). And the main colors are orange and white. Again, you cannot change it. They also have a huge banner and it doesn't even say bit-hdtv, it says Beowulf and their is a picture of Ray Winstone from the movie Beowulf. So is this a bit-hdtv or Beowulf tracker? It has been there for at least a couple months. Worst design ever.

SITR had the best stylesheets but they've got some issue with table width and that does affect the aesthetics.
    Bit-HDTV is hardly the worst. As for the banner, they have monthly (I think?) banner competitions. You can see all the past ones in the forum.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    becomehokage's Avatar AAARGH! BT Rep: +1
    I didnt expected that bit-hdtv would be on that list...
    Im kay

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    becomehokage's Avatar AAARGH! BT Rep: +1
    dp sry...lag
    Im kay

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    BANNED BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    TL,terrible black fond...

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Bitsoup still has the same ugly banner it always had. Site could be good if they found a decent designer.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    ryan20021982's Avatar Z@X | t3Am BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Totally disagree there, the banner changes every month, users make banners
    and staff choose the banner, there is a whole thread about it in there forums.
    And the banner does not say bit-hdtv because it says it right above the banner with there own logo

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Eargasm's Avatar Whoa BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan20021982 View Post
    Totally disagree there, the banner changes every month, users make banners
    and staff choose the banner, there is a whole thread about it in there forums.
    And the banner does not say bit-hdtv because it says it right above the banner with there own logo

I'm pretty sure it's been Beowulf for at least a couple months. Either way, I've dropped by the site every couple days and every time there is this 840px × 175px banner of Beowulf that really serves no function but to link to a forum thread that has long since been deleted. It takes up space and even if it changed every month that is not quick enough, IMO.

The orange and white don't really bother me too awful much; however, I do find the diagonal background literally nauseating (like i'm gonna hurl) and that weighs the heaviest in my review of their style.

That said, even ugly trackers can be good. I care more about the content than I do about how butt ugly a site is and bit-hdtv is damn cool in regards to content.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast