Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Starting up a new Tracker

We have our own idea of how we stand out from other trackers . Our partners and us, are members in alot of trackers and exclusive ones, but certainly alot of trackers lack something which we feel the need to fill.

Site designer is still wanted

*this is on a voluntary basis so we won't be able to pay you right now if you're looking for that. We plan to work with each other, where each staff has specific task to be done*
    Last edited by arvin2212; 08-30-2008 at 10:13 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    respawn40's Avatar Phoenix Wright :D BT Rep: +2
    Can you tell us what will set you apart from other trackers?

I am a exsellent speller and I use grammer very good.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Maybe they will have something new called MassiveSeed, well freeleech is boring, so a new idea will be to upload as much as you can for as long as you can without worrying about your ratio and a whole forum just for the MassiveSeeders to be able to tell all your mates how much you have uploaded without downloading anything.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Don't bother. We have 100s of trackers. Many new ones that try and fail. Then others show up and they also fail. Then there are some that are ok but need some work. I think we have more than enough and your tracker will die like the rest anyways.

You can't just start a tracker today and get all the uploaders you need and all the users you need and everything else. People are fan of certain trackers and will not just make the switch to new tracker.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    respawn40's Avatar Phoenix Wright :D BT Rep: +2
    Sgt, grats on 5k posts.

I am a exsellent speller and I use grammer very good.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    @SgtMajor : whatever you said, we've never planned anything like that. Our speciality is on our contents.

Quote Originally Posted by saulin View Post
    Don't bother. We have 100s of trackers. Many new ones that try and fail. Then others show up and they also fail. Then there are some that are ok but need some work. I think we have more than enough and your tracker will die like the rest anyways.

You can't just start a tracker today and get all the uploaders you need and all the users you need and everything else. People are fan of certain trackers and will not just make the switch to new tracker.
    Er, we are the one's who are creating the tracker so let us worry about it dying or not. Some trackers die yes, some stay within the community. I don't quite recall ever saying i want my tracker to be as big as SCT or other major tracker.

Btw, "You can't just start a tracker today and get all the uploaders you need and all the users you need and everything else" I don't get what you mean. As i have posted we need those who volunteers. If there is no one, we can always do it to start it off. Thank you for your feedback, but honestly , it's not needed

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    bladesharp's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    Confidence,dedication ,support.. there you go.

All the best

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Thank you bladesharp

Appreciate it

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Thank you bladesharp

Appreciate it

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Ok I just have to give out some advice and I hope you take this as constructive criticism. As for as asking for uploaders and staff in a public forum that will not help you get users that have been around in the torrent scene for a while and most likely have a better understanding of what file sharing stands for to join your site imho.

Another piece of advice I could offer is make sure you have the funds to support your site for at least a year or even better two since having a site going down and coming back as a revision a few months later has not really instilled confidence in members of said sites.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast