Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Starting up a new Tracker

Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Don't listen to all the douchebags arvin. Good luck with your tracker.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by DKre8ive1 View Post
    Ok I just have to give out some advice and I hope you take this as constructive criticism. As for as asking for uploaders and staff in a public forum that will not help you get users that have been around in the torrent scene for a while and most likely have a better understanding of what file sharing stands for to join your site imho.

Another piece of advice I could offer is make sure you have the funds to support your site for at least a year or even better two since having a site going down and coming back as a revision a few months later has not really instilled confidence in members of said sites.
    couldnt have said it better myself. sexy userbar

funding is something a lot of people overlook. people assume they just need to get it up and running for a month or 2 and then everything else will be taken care of from donations and that really isnt how the average site works. the very top select few have the luxury of being paid for by nice members but most of the others dont survive for long because of lack of funding.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    To those who have contributed their thoughts, i appreciate your time that you've taken to jot down your opinions here. I cannot thank you enough for that.

Yes, i do realise we can't get any uploaders and staff in a public forum. But what do i have to lose if i try?

About funds, I would be more than happy with the other fellow staff to fund our servers once we're stable. We do realise, that to gain something , you we have to fund it first.

Besides, it's better to try and fail rather than not trying at all.

A kind member has pm-ed me, fightclub , and he has offered to host our tracker on his site. We are more than happy to see members helping us out here

Now we only lack a designer and as soon as we get one, we can start working on our tracker

Good day people
    Last edited by arvin2212; 08-31-2008 at 10:29 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Member BT Rep: +1
    thanks arvin for appreaciting me its my pleasure to give rise to new tracker if the tracker have all the need which other tracker can't fulfill or have missed they it will be my pleasure to help that tracker and its better to try and loose they to sit and only think tha if no one donates after some months then how will my tracker stand its always said that discoveries and sucess are made while in a experiment so try and try until u suceed .

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by arvin2212
    About funds, I would be more than happy with the other fellow staff to fund our servers once we're stable. We do realise, that to gain something , you we have to fund it first.
    I am sorry to say I don't see this going very far with that kind of attitude since by that quote you cant seem to fund the very site you are starting. I am sorry to sound so doom an gloom about it but you still have time to fix things since the site is not live yet.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by DKre8ive1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by arvin2212
    I am sorry to say I don't see this going very far with that kind of attitude since by that quote you cant seem to fund the very site you are starting. I am sorry to sound so doom an gloom about it but you still have time to fix things since the site is not live yet.
    i think regarding hosting they have to think of fund which is providing by me so at thsi time they don't require any such major funds so i think u are wrong

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Ok I get it now so fightclub is providing the hosting for free and arvin2212 is providing the idea to start a new torrent site.

Well best of luck to you but you have some stiff competition to beat unless you are a really specialized tracker.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    becomehokage's Avatar AAARGH! BT Rep: +1
    Erhmm...yea!
    Im kay

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    please don`t make another tracker !! PLS PLS PLS

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    thanks everyone for appreciating arvin for starting a new tracker

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast