Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: HDbits.org , New rule .. good users are not allowed

Quote Originally Posted by respawn40 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tiolewis View Post

Let me say that not this time ..

I wouldn't make it public , don't you think ?
    Heh, I've seen plenty of people come in here talking about how they got banned for no reason, only for a staffer to come and explain exactly why they got banned.
    Oh , i really wish that someone from the staff comes here and explain me why i got banned, because i still don't know. I didn't get the answer at the IRC would be really nice if i got it here.

Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tiolewis View Post
    I was seeding with my seedbox ...................if you try to be a good user you may be f*cked up like me.
    Buffering accts does not make you a good user. If anything, the opposite. Same goes for having 100 cunt points.
    I have been a good user without seedbox , for 24 weeks ... when i started to use the seedbox i got banned. Im not saying that have a huge buffer make's you a better user.
    Last edited by tiolewis; 09-04-2008 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Is it that hard to seed there. I just don't get why you people need seed boxes???

What's the deal with buffered accounts too? Just downlaod and upload so that you can keep your ass in the tracker. Like someone said. Having a huge buffer does not necessarily make you a good user.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    hotshot6473's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    It dosnt make you a good user but it takes the guess work out of seeding. If you can seed something back at high speeds there is nothing wrong with that especially if the site promotes a level system.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    The only benefit of having buffer is for hitting and running if the site allows it. For example from what I heard that's what people at SCT and TL do.

I know sites like BCG will give you a hit and run hit and after 14 I think you are gone.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    JROQuinn's Avatar Rev. Maynard BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    my thing with people with seedboxes is many always tend to overseed. So users that dont want to throw away money on such things suffer because we cant pick up any leechers.
    Also as for being hard to seed @ hdbits, no it isnt, there are many freeleech torrents.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    My problem is that i can reach only 25 kb/s of upload speed, and download at 370 kb/s so ... is not that easy to keep a good ratio in a HD tracker.

I prefer to use a seedbox than get banned for a low ratio (I got banned anyway , thats why im pissed off)

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by saulin View Post
    Is it that hard to seed there. I just don't get why you people need seed boxes???

What's the deal with buffered accounts too? Just downlaod and upload so that you can keep your ass in the tracker. Like someone said. Having a huge buffer does not necessarily make you a good user.
    It's not that hard to seed anywhere without a box. All you do is jump on newly uploaded torrents, partially download it, and let it seed. Very easy.

But some people are really addicted to buffering their accounts with boxes(why? I have no idea). Personally I would rather spend the money on a NG subscription. It's quite a bit cheaper than renting a box.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Karma is a wonderful thing
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

9. BitTorrent   -   #19

Heart

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Karma is a wonderful thing
    I miss you too

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by respawn40 View Post
    There's always something left out of the story... amirite
    Quite possibly you are. Lets assume that this user does own a seedbox. Maybe he wasn't seeding as fast as he thought he would with his seedbox and decided to cheat to augment his upload. He could have been running a cheat program directly from his seedbox so that he could explain his speeds if he ever aroused suspicion. But then he got caught. Judging by his 100+ trading points, he probably got his invitation from FST. Fearing his inviter exposing him here, he beats him to the punch by admitting to the ban in public and professing his innocence.

Sound like a reasonable scenario?

EDIT** I'm not accusing this guy of cheating. I'm merely underscoring the fact that we never know the whole story.
    Last edited by mbucari1; 09-04-2008 at 03:12 AM.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast