Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718 LastLast

Thread: HDbits.org , New rule .. good users are not allowed

gollum980's Avatar Louis Cyphre BT Rep: +1
    I don't know..
    Last edited by gollum980; 10-31-2008 at 10:30 PM.

Ratio: TorrentLeech

2. BitTorrent   -   #152
    Well, to be honest: think what did You exactly download from there. Now, use head, keyboard and find this content elsewhere (usenet maybe?). Considering amout of grudge/energy You've put into this thread, You'd have had everything You want already.

It's not really a matter of whether You're a good or bad user. Ban is ban. The End! Sooner earth will stop spinning than staff will openly say they've made a mistake. Especially after such a hate-thread. Think about authority -> You're openly challenging their authority here. And it doesn't even need to be exactly their fault. Maybe anti-cheating script worked and got You banned etc.

Forget, go on.

3. BitTorrent   -   #153
    AMnesko's Avatar The Comedian BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by cgn View Post
    Well, to be honest: think what did You exactly download from there. Now, use head, keyboard and find this content elsewhere (usenet maybe?). Considering amout of grudge/energy You've put into this thread, You'd have had everything You want already.

It's not really a matter of whether You're a good or bad user. Ban is ban. The End! Sooner earth will stop spinning than staff will openly say they've made a mistake. Especially after such a hate-thread. Think about authority -> You're openly challenging their authority here. And it doesn't even need to be exactly their fault. Maybe anti-cheating script worked and got You banned etc.

Forget, go on.
    Good point dude!

4. BitTorrent   -   #154
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    The more I read this thread, the more I see the line "I had just gotten my seedbox, and started..."

Maybe they saw 2 IP's and just baned the account for potential sharing violation.

Best practice is to advise the staff before you go hooking up a seedbox, which will be on a completely different IP range. Also, hopefully you guys are stopping any torrents on your local machine, as it will look odd to be leeching from 2 locations at once...

Finally, a lot of you are saying you were trying to buffer your account. Small buffers are one thing, they can be useful. But large buffers help no one, and are usually used for trades. Maybe another reason you were banned: Buffering pointlessly.

5. BitTorrent   -   #155
    I regularly leech from work and home at the same time on some trackers and it has never caused a problem. With the poor upload rates you get in the UK it's the only way to keep a good ratio, esspecially if you download mainly HD and iso's. I also use my accounts on my laptop from all sorts of Wifi spots. I really hope that I am not endangering my accounts doing this, but so far no issues with BCG, TL or Pisexy. If I get onto hdbits I may be a bit more carefull though

I must say though that I don't really see the need for a seedbox and can see why it doesn't keep in with the level playing field of a well run site. My solution to poor upload speeds was to pay for VIP at my most used site, I try to seed back when possible, but if not it is no issue. I then kept my ratios above 1.2 everywhere else by leaving torrents running for a week. If I am late to get on something and can't get the ratio back after a week I help seed new torrents that have been downloaded from elsewhere.

6. BitTorrent   -   #156
    RedRansom's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post
    The more I read this thread, the more I see the line "I had just gotten my seedbox, and started..."

Maybe they saw 2 IP's and just baned the account for potential sharing violation.

Best practice is to advise the staff before you go hooking up a seedbox, which will be on a completely different IP range. Also, hopefully you guys are stopping any torrents on your local machine, as it will look odd to be leeching from 2 locations at once...

Finally, a lot of you are saying you were trying to buffer your account. Small buffers are one thing, they can be useful. But large buffers help no one, and are usually used for trades. Maybe another reason you were banned: Buffering pointlessly.
    you're talking pointless or not member at hdbits if you're not member why you're talking such as read FAQ and Recycle Bin ...

7. BitTorrent   -   #157
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Weather or not I'm a member, doesn't matter. Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. My points are valid. Yes, they may say it is OK to use a seedbox, but its not ok to share. Ok, so how do they know its a seedbox? If you go with vectoral or another big name, then ya, they'll know its a seedbox. BUT, if its a small company, who's to say its not just another person, and not a seedbox?

Theres no real way to know, unless some one actually digs into the IP information to see if its a server farm.

Don't assume I don't know what I"m talking about, take the information for what it is, an attempt to help people who can't figure out why they are banned. And that is a viable reason.

Edit: theres no mention of seedbox in the FAQ BTW :|
    Last edited by Tokeman; 10-28-2008 at 05:18 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #158
    I feel for the guy because as far as I can see there is no way to keep a ratio up except to buffer with a seedbox! Perhaps there is a way to seed enough keep the ratio up. If so HDBits members need to know! I run uTorrent. I keep 50 torrents uploading to HDBits at all times. I make most of my downloads from them also. I can do 1 m up 24-7 but normally all I can do with HDBits is 10k to 40k on a good day. I am connectible and I can max out mu ul's to any other tracker and I delete them to keep the bw open to HDB as soon as they hit 1-1. Other people who have the same problem have asked for either help or a revision of the system but receive only derisive comments or lams suggestions like download things you don't like if they look like they might seed well (they don't.)I have to rent a seedbox every once in a while to raise my ratio. I am serious here. There is a problem and some sort of solution to the overseeding problem is needed.

9. BitTorrent   -   #159
    NiKRuLeZ's Avatar µTorrent BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    This is like a year old topic that has been resurected :|

10. BitTorrent   -   #160
    There I was...Mother of God, there I am! Holy fuck
    way to ressurect this thread man!