Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I Think...

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    I thought it was obvious but maybe not.

I was responding to this comment:

Seeing as how McCain is the most absent Senator- missing 64% of votes since Jan.2007, which amazingly is even MORE than Tim Johnson, the guy who had a brain hemorrhage- his decision that NOW it's suddenly important to get to work is pretty untenable.
    Both Obama and HRC were also campaigning during this period and have significantly better attendance records than McCain.
    Point is moot however...I think it's criminal that any of 'em collect the salary/benefits of the Senate job while on the campaign trail.

Anyways, doesn't look like McCain's strategy is working too well...a revolt by the Repubs in the House seems to have derailed his attempt to appear in control of his own party.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    惡魔的提倡者
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Anyways, doesn't look like McCain's strategy is working too well...a revolt by the Repubs in the House seems to have derailed his attempt to appear in control of his own party.
    I don't think that's as important to his campaign as how they manage to spin it.

I had little faith in a palatable or effective solution being reached before, now I have no faith. It has turned into a partisan grandstanding mission.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
    Seeing as Mcmermaid man is back in Washington saving the country and doesn't want to debate an excellent opportunity has arisen.
    Doesn't want to debate? Even the Dems aren't saying that.

McCain all through this election has wanted more debates. Partisan feelings aside, the issue with the economy is far more important a matter than campaigning.

We're going to have a new President in a few weeks no matter what happens. It'd be nice to know that our dollar is worth more than the Peso when it happens.
    Dude, I can't believe you said that.

McCain slipped in the Faux polls and that was a political stunt.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Fox News thinks his first campaign suspension was such a success that they wonder if he shouldn't try it AGAIN!
    Those people are even stupider than I thought.
    Last edited by clocker; 10-01-2008 at 12:54 AM.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Fox News thinks his first campaign suspension was such a success that they wonder if he shouldn't try it AGAIN!
    Those people are even stupider than I thought.
    It was funny to see how every news station thought the "suspension" was ill advised but then here comes Faux News sucking on neocon ballz saying it was just the greatest move ever.

I wonder what they said when it really wasn't suspended.

I swear that it's like McCain's whole campaign is based on the hope that people are stupid.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post
    I swear that it's like McCain's whole campaign is based on the hope that people are stupid.
    There's no "hope" involved, just cold political calculation.
    The same thinking that not only decided that Bush Jr. was a viable candidate but then ran him again and won.

The same calculation that today causes McCain to endlessly bring up his POW status, secure in the knowledge that no one will stand up and say, "Excuse me sir, but WTF does that have to do with anything?"

The same calculation that defends Palin gabble like this-"As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It’s Alaska. It's just right over the border."- against the "liberal media elite", knowing full well the proper response should be, "Excuse me, are you retarded?".

In short, the GOP doesn't have to hope the electorate is stupid, they know it.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)

That made . Really, it did.

That is, considering "Hope" is the mantra of (I presume) your candidate.

yo

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28

That made . Really, it did.

That is, considering "Hope" is the mantra of (I presume) your candidate.
    No I'm being serious, man. Time and time again I'll see shit like, "Hey so how many houses do you have?"

McCain - "Well, when I was a POW, I didn't have a house...."

WTF!?

Or the selection of Palin, which, for the stupid, is an excellent choice. She couldn't run for President on her own....not by a longshot....but hell....Dan Quayle was a VP pick too.

Or John McCain suspending his campaign....but not really suspending it and claiming victory for a bailout bill that he had shit to do with crafting but instead, went apeshit.

To be fair, I'm not to keen on Biden either. His gaffes are fucking irritating.

If Obama had picked Hilary, this election would have been a lock (although I don't like her either).

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123