Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hotmail Sucks Now

Ex-member
    I really don't understand how people manage to accumulate so much spam in hotmail accounts.

I have has one for months, and I've never had any spam sent to it other than the occasional ad for MSN 8.

If you're going to sign up for Hotmail, use a non-obvious alias - [email protected] is going to get a lot of random spam, whereas a more obscure, personal one will be far less likely to be spammed (like mine ).

2. Lounge   -   #22
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    damn right i got loads of spam with a very similar name lamsey

3. Lounge   -   #23
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Lamsey@6 September 2003 - 00:05
    I really don't understand how people manage to accumulate so much spam in hotmail accounts.

I have has one for months, and I've never had any spam sent to it other than the occasional ad for MSN 8.

If you're going to sign up for Hotmail, use a non-obvious alias - [email protected] is going to get a lot of random spam, whereas a more obscure, personal one will be far less likely to be spammed (like mine ).
    Lamsey, I opened a hotmail account for my daughter, when she opened it for the first time( after about 5 minutes) there was already spam in it.

@ edit. We ate it for breakfast....

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Ex-member
    @ 4play: Fuck's sake, that's your name, sn't it?

Never even realised!

@ nigel: you probably used an easy-to-guess name.
    Some companies just send random spam to names they believe are likely to be real addresses, like [email protected], [email protected] and so on.

If you use a difficult-to-guess name, you'll probably not get spam.

I use [email protected], and it's never been spammed other than by Hotmail themselves.

Edit: although after posting it here, I assume that someone is going to take it upon themselves to remedy the situation

5. Lounge   -   #25
    hotmail suckes, Yahoo seems the best...

but does any 1 know of any free personal email address, u know your own customized name

6. Lounge   -   #26
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Lamsey@6 September 2003 - 00:10
    @ 4play: Fuck's sake, that's your name, sn't it?

Never even realised!

Some companies just send random spam to names they believe are likely to be real addresses, like [email protected], [email protected] and so on.

If you use a difficult-to-guess name, you'll probably not get spam.

I use [email protected], and it's never been spammed other than by Hotmail themselves.
    Untill now, might be the operative word!!

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by nigel123+6 September 2003 - 00:16--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nigel123 @ 6 September 2003 - 00:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lamsey@6 September 2003 - 00:10
    @ 4play: Fuck&#39;s sake, that&#39;s your name, sn&#39;t it?

Never even realised&#33;

If you use a difficult-to-guess name, you&#39;ll probably not get spam.

I use [email protected], and it&#39;s never been spammed other than by Hotmail themselves.
    Untill now, might be the operative word&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    If you look up you&#39;ll see I already thought of that

8. Lounge   -   #28
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Lamsey you have to wait a couple months before you get spammed from hotmail. I had my shitty account before and it took 2 months to kick in. Also you can never give you e-mail to anythinng enless its your friends then it gets over loaded.

Also people say that hotmail gets hacked alot. In fact thats the gimmick that hush mail says. "Tired of hotmail getting hacked, try hushmail," but like i said before hushmail has way to much securedy and takes way to long to cheack your mail.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Ex-member
    I&#39;ve had that account for at least half a year, and I use it for registering online for things (to prevent the possibility of my proper address being spammed). At one point it was even my primary email address, when I didn&#39;t have one of my own.

If you&#39;re careful, you don&#39;t get spam - fact.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Originally posted by MetroStars@5 September 2003 - 16:15
    hotmail suckes, Yahoo seems the best...

but does any 1 know of any free personal email address, u know your own customized name
    www.hotpop.com

Lets you have what ever name you want and give you a choice of the last name (the @mailcompany) two of them that i remember that they gave you was @hotpop and @Phreaker.

Its a POP3 and stmp account with extra spam protection. Also its free.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast