Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rssdler

ericab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    umm
    that i do not know.
    for my rss feeds, i have the key already apart of it, so i dont rely on cookies...

but if you need cookies, look here:

# the place where a cookie file can be found. Default None.
    cookieFile = /home/user/.mozilla/firefox/user/cookies.txt

# type of cookie file to be found at above location. default MozillaCookieJar
    cookieType = MozillaCookieJar
    # other possible types are:
    # cookieType = LWPCookieJar
    # only works if urllib = False
    # cookieType = MSIECookieJar
    An Excerpt from: A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace
    by John Perry Barlow
    Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no sovereignty where we gather [...] I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us.
    Read more here

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Trippin''s Avatar Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Well I've just about given up... I've been messing around with these cookie files for ages, can't get it to work at all though.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Do you have a correct rss-feed? The link should often contain a passkey so that you get permission to the torrentfile. Can you post how your link looks? Just hide personal info from the link.
    My link looks like this:
    link = hxxp://swebits.org/swerss.php?capp=yes&dd=yes&passkey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by felldin; 10-12-2008 at 11:00 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Trippin''s Avatar Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Sorry, I havn't been able to get online for the last few days. Here's how my link looks:

link = hxxp://www.blackcats-games.net/rss.php?feed=dl&cat=4&passkey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have checked that link by opening it with firefox on my home pc. When logged into the site it works fine, when logged out it does not. That's what makes me think its a cookie issue.

EDIT: Just checked it with a feed from another tracker (Revo) and that works fine, so I think it must be a problem with BCG. That's a shame, as its the main tracker I wanted to use it for.
    Last edited by Trippin'; 10-14-2008 at 01:17 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster
    Tell them to get with the times and switch to 100% passkey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12