Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Comp Manufacutrer?

n18's Avatar Death God
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@6 September 2003 - 03:02
    Hey...dell is awsome man...straight up lol...alienware have went down on prices a LOT and there really not expensive..when compared to voodoo lol...but newayz i have a dell and they are very very nice...have fun bud
    i went to dell, tried customizing a comp and they force alot of crap on people.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    n18's Avatar Death God
    Originally posted by adamp2p+6 September 2003 - 03:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adamp2p @ 6 September 2003 - 03:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by n18@6 September 2003 - 03:01
    Originally posted by adamp2p@6 September 2003 - 02:51
    <!--QuoteBegin-n18
    @6 September 2003 - 02:28
    Thanks Alot Guys, especcially adam...

I don&#39;t have a budget because my dad buying I just wanted the best for his money hehe.

BTW when you mentioned Dell, the founder of the company is worth 17billion&#036;&#036;..lucky guy hehe. and only 38 years old too ,

Thanks again, reviweing the sites and comps with my dad right now ^_^

Also i know how to install things such as a video card and a operating system still a noob but i know some things...Reason why i&#39;m skeptical about building my own pc: room for error, when i read tom&#39;s tutorial there was some things i could mess you, like things that won&#39;t work together and bios settings and with my luck theres always a chance hehe >.<

You DONT have a budget? Everyone has a budget.

This will be fun. Tell us what you want to spend, and those of us participating in this thread can please ourselves trying to find you the most bang for your buck.

Well I really want some quality hardware that has a decent price so no more than 3,000&#036;

Best option my dad and I figured was ordering our own parts, but were still not sure if we can handle ourselves.

My Friend also got Alienware and damn the case is huge lol, not that good looking anyhow if you ask little ole&#39; me hehe
    this is the baby you want&#33;

[/b][/quote]
    The site dont work...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    If you have &#036;3000 to spend on a computer you should build it yourself.

The only reason I had to buy a Dell is becuase I cannot afford all the parts to build a superpowerful computer nor the time to assemble it...however, if I had three thousand dollars, I would build a crazy ass machine to be proud of.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Originally posted by n18+6 September 2003 - 03:07--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (n18 &#064; 6 September 2003 - 03:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bigdawgfoxx@6 September 2003 - 03:02
    Hey...dell is awsome man...straight up lol...alienware have went down on prices a LOT and there really not expensive..when compared to voodoo lol...but newayz i have a dell and they are very very nice...have fun bud
    i went to dell, tried customizing a comp and they force alot of crap on people. [/b][/quote]
    Have you tried customizing the XPS?

http://www.dell.com/us/en/dhs/products/mod...n_dimen_XPS.htm

This is a gaming system, they dont sell refurbished and much more is optional as it is aimed at the gaming market...customize with the minimum ram (upgrade later) but get the Radeon 9800 pro becuase otherwise you will need to upgrade the PSU later...and do not buy any extra Dell support

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    n18's Avatar Death God
    Like i mentioned Dell still forces useless things such as monitors and speakers, things i don&#39;t really need. but now im whining, I&#39;ll read some more about buildling comps talk it over with my dad see the best option for us, just in time when my dsl service activated ( got modem ( 1 day after they shipped ) but no serivce, need the go-ahead from local provider >< )

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    Originally posted by n18@6 September 2003 - 03:18
    Like i&nbsp; mentioned Dell still forces useless things such as monitors and speakers, things i don&#39;t really need. but now im whining, I&#39;ll read some more about buildling comps talk it over with my dad see the best option for us, just in time when my dsl service activated ( got modem ( 1 day after they shipped ) but no serivce, need the go-ahead from local provider >< )
    No you do not have to get a monitor or speakers with XPS:

here is an example of an okay configuration BEFORE you coupon it:
    &#036;2,753

Pentium® 4 Processor at 3GHz with 800MHz front side bus
    1GB Dual Channel DDR SDRAM at 400MHz (2x512M)
    Dell ® Quietkey ® Keyboard
    Video Ready w/o Monitor
    128MB DDR ATI RADEON™ 9800 Pro Graphics Card with TV-Out and DVI
    240G RAID 0 (2 x 120GB SATA HDDs)
    5 in Floppy Drive FD
    Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional
    Logitech® MX™ 500 Optical Mouse
    Integrated Intel® PRO 10/100 Ethernet
    16 Max DVD-ROM Drive
    Sound Blaster Audigy 2™ sound card with DVD Audio
    No Speaker Option
    No Productivity Software
    No Digital Imaging Software Requested
    1 Year Limited Warranty plus 1 Year At-Home Service
    4x DVD+RW/+R Drive w/CD-RW

A little pricey if you asked me. But you wont have to configure anything. No speakers, no software, no monitor. If you don&#39;t understand the multitude of BIOS options for an Asus P4C800-E then you would be safer with a Dell as there are a plethora of configuration stuff See here but wait 20 seconds for the page to load

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    BANNED
    when you say forces you mean comes with right?? because you don&#39;t have to pay for speakers or monitor if you don&#39;t want to

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Poster
    whats this Prescott someone was talking about?

*EDIT* nevermind did some research and found out about it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123