Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Unreal 2004 Vs Half Life

Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by tHe LiNk@11 September 2003 - 12:10
    I wouldn't say it will revolutionise pc gaming, but it does plan to be a new step in the fps genre.
    Trust me, It will change the FPS genre as we know it just like the first HL did. Maybe not as much but still.

2. Games   -   #22
    Originally posted by Supernatural+11 September 2003 - 18:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Supernatural @ 11 September 2003 - 18:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-tHe LiNk@11 September 2003 - 12:10
    I wouldn&#39;t say it will revolutionise pc gaming, but it does plan to be a new step in the fps genre.
    Trust me, It will change the FPS genre as we know it just like the first HL did. Maybe not as much but still. [/b][/quote]
    please the orginal half life was just a standered fps with an alright story nothing groundbreaking there the only reason that it was any good was because of the mods. And how can you say that HL2 "will revolutionise pc gaming" have you actually played the game just because it looks good dosent mean that the gameplay is good. And the story could suck this time around.
    I have Mordens Audio Hack PLEZ stop emailing me

3. Games   -   #23
    Poster
    ARE YOU ALL CRAZY HALF LIFE 2 WILL CHANGE THE WAY WE PLAY VIDEOGAMES NOT JUST FPS....

DUDE Buy HL2 and Download UT2K4 THey are both good but nothing compares to a FPS Like Half life, its better than watching a movie......

But for LANs, go for UT2K4

HALF-LIFE > Everything else

4. Games   -   #24
    Octopussy
    LMFAO WHO THE HELL said taht half life 2 is single player lmfao rofl rofl rofl UMM NO&#33;&#33;&#33; lmfao

do you seriously think valve is that retarded? lmao if they made half life 2 single player no one would buy the game lol lmfao rofl wehre the hell did u hear hl2 is single player

anyway i have ut2k3 and half life original....

i think you should get.....half life 2 unreal is a good game....quite possibly the best graphic game out there for pc right now but game play you cant beat half life 2

terriorst counter striek cz PPPPP altho i heard counter strike condition zero is a single player game....well the people who made the site for cz were stupid and confused me at some places they wrote its multiplayer and someplaces single only....idiots

5. Games   -   #25
    Octopussy
    and oh yea if u want SERIOUS gaming if you can spend about 100 bux buy: battlefield 1942, battlefield 1942: the road to rome, battlefield 1942: secret weapons of world war 2, in march i think comes battlefield: vietnam so you coudl get those

quite possibly the best game/s ever made for pc

and oh yea another crazy good game is chaser&#33;&#33; download the demo and see if u like it really addicting..kinda like cs

6. Games   -   #26
    and battlefield 2002: iraq, is pretty much at the horrizon there and it&#39;s gonna put doom 3 into shame

7. Games   -   #27
    Originally posted by Cygnuz-Y@11 September 2003 - 11:12
    &nbsp; ARE YOU ALL CRAZY&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; HALF LIFE 2 WILL CHANGE THE WAY WE PLAY VIDEOGAMES NOT JUST FPS....
    are YOU crazy? i love FPS games, but it has been basically the same thing over & over since Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, and Quake. it&#39;s the same game again and again, with some improvements in story, graphics, etc. i&#39;m sure HL 2, Doom 3, and UT 2004 will all be good games... but if anything is going to "revolutionize" gaming, it&#39;s not going to be yet ANOTHER shooter. revolution = change, not the same old thing with better graphics.

personally i think Grand Theft Auto 3 and Metal Gear Solid were more revolutionary than any FPS game from the last 3 or 4 years. even Tony Hawk&#39;s Pro Skater was more imaginative than most shooters.

8. Games   -   #28
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@12 September 2003 - 02:19
    ...if anything is going to "revolutionize" gaming, it&#39;s not going to be yet ANOTHER shooter.&nbsp; revolution = change, not the same old thing with better graphics....
    Look at this:

You telling me you&#39;re not gonna FAINT when you see something this beautiful on your screen?

9. Games   -   #29
    took the words right out of my mouth
    I have Mordens Audio Hack PLEZ stop emailing me

10. Games   -   #30
    Originally posted by Supernatural@12 September 2003 - 05:17
    Look at this:

You telling me you&#39;re not gonna FAINT when you see something this beautiful on your screen?
    already saw the big preview video they released, and i&#39;m looking at the screenshot. it looks nice. it looks really nice. it&#39;ll prolly be a great shooter, actually. i&#39;m looking forward to it. but it&#39;s basically just another shooter with really good graphics. unless Valve has some surprises up its sleeve and this game turns out to involve more than "point, strafe, shoot, find the button/key/etc," to call it a revolutionary GAME is an exaggeration.

there&#39;s just a huge difference between saying it has the best graphics/design you&#39;ve seen so far, and saying it&#39;s a revolutionary game. i&#39;m not seeing much new in the way of gameplay.

it&#39;s sort of like how a lot of people think the Matrix was a revolutionary movie, but all i saw was some really nice special effects tossed on top of a slap-dash of Philip K Dick, Hong Kong wire-fighting, and pseudo-philosophical ramblings. it&#39;s entertaining and visually impressive, but far from mind-blowing.

i should prolly stop nitpicking. people buy into hype and start making up exaggerations about how it&#39;s the most innovative, creative invention since sliced bread. there&#39;s not much point in arguing with it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast