Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kimsufi policy changes (SLA/noSLA)

dude, wat wud a 10mb upload be for ur purposes?? Nothing, so no cheap ice creams from kimis, want premium quality, pay more, thats what they propose , tbh, no one comes close to their offer of 50sterling for the kind of hardware they give with sp mini and 100mbps always on..

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    MrBuddyX's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    hey everyone I have ovh..but i have to buy directly thru a reseller which is seedhost.eu.. anyways I see you guys talking about the PRO servers and I am thinking aobut upgrading.. Currently I have the play or start server.. I just have the basic 45euros a month package.. the kimsufi.. anyways If i upgrade IS this 100mbit connection burstable or non burstable.. i really dont understand all of it completely this SLA stuff and all of it really..lol..

The package i have now froms eedhost.eu..is the one where they will limit your speed to 10mbps if you go over what?? I dont understand the email I received?

If you could help explain it to me I would appreciate it.. Also if i upgrade to the PRO server.. am i guarantedd 100MBIT line no matter what.. i can MAX it all day long if i want with no problems.. would this be a 100MBIT line non burstable then??

Also i dont know if to stay with ovh thru seedhost.eu or switch to hosting-ie who offer a Gbitlink with unmetered bandwidth.. the setup FEE kills you but for what i am going to pay to upgrade to the pro it would be about the same or close emough.. So i DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!

i still have a leaseweb for 2mo w/ a 2TB/mo limit.. so I prob will jsut use this until I DECIDE what to do and who to go with.. My seedhost expires on the 8th of Nov.!! Should I just stay with what I got.. The basic package for 45euros a month.. I have a 20/20 fios line at home so it would be dumb to pay all this $$ for a line at 10mbps if that is going to be the case in deed.. Any help comments or feedback would be GREATLY appreciated... thanks alot guys...

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    seedhost says" if u r a heavy user, u stand a chance of being put in no SLA, i.e 10mbps upload cap to non ovh, else if u want full 100mbps 24/7, they have a new range , i.e ovh premium range which is expensive but ensures premium bandwidth with no throttling.

cheers

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    shudnt ppl go for keyweb/Hosting-IE instead of Premium range ..

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    its the same, hosting ie is 49e plus 69 setup, ovh is 49 e setup 49e monthly with 500gb hdd and dual processor, hosting ie is only single processor for same price. max trackers r with ovh boxes so 100mbps is easy on them , not sure if 100mbps possible with hosting ie..

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    kelfa's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by baker21 View Post
    I have a 20/20 fios line at home so it would be dumb to pay all this $$ for a line at 10mbps if that is going to be the case in deed.. Any help comments or feedback would be GREATLY appreciated... thanks alot guys...
    With that internet, why would you even need a server. Most people would love to have 20/20. It would be very easy to maintain ratios and have ample buffer.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Raban's Avatar Poaster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by kovacsj View Post
    My average daily transfered data is ~ 300gb, which is nowhere near extreme usage,

uhm... are you fucking craZy ???? 9 TB a month and you don't think thats extreme ???

to correct you YES that is extreme and obviously they should be capping your BW probably good to limit you to ONE mbit cause you're an abuser...

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Raban View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kovacsj View Post
    My average daily transfered data is ~ 300gb, which is nowhere near extreme usage,

uhm... are you fucking craZy ???? 9 TB a month and you don't think thats extreme ???

to correct you YES that is extreme and obviously they should be capping your BW probably good to limit you to ONE mbit cause you're an abuser...
    Damn straight. People wanted too much out of cheap kimsufi boxes, and the greedy seeders killed the fun. I saw this coming because all the peers in most of my sites are ovh. I use seedboxes and did a couple of TB a month, 2-3TB maybe.

Oh well, party's OVHer.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by bt234 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raban View Post

Damn straight. People wanted too much out of cheap kimsufi boxes, and the greedy seeders killed the fun. I saw this coming because all the peers in most of my sites are ovh. I use seedboxes and did a couple of TB a month, 2-3TB maybe.

Oh well, party's OVHer.
    I´m doing rss on one site right now with my kimsufi.
    120 active torrents and never under 5MB/s up.
    Still not noLSA here.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by andra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bt234 View Post

Oh well, party's OVHer.
    I´m doing rss on one site right now with my kimsufi.
    120 active torrents and never under 5MB/s up.
    Still not noLSA here.
    What Kimsufi are you running that many torrents off of?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast