Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1118192021

Thread: http://server.lu/

have got gr8 feedback on lu boxes.. gbit shud be really interesting ya..

2. BitTorrent   -   #202
    albinosaur
    This review was very helpful but not necessary as I bought a server before I even read it. I have not received the server yet but I also have not received a payment e-mail so I wonder if the issue is my Credit Card as the bank freaks out and blocks sporadic overseas use sometimes. I guess it's safe that way and protects me from identity theft but it is annoying as hell. EDIT: It went through April 9th so should be getting it soon:-)

Anyway I decided to get a dedicated server through server.lu just from asking around on private trackers. It's so much better than reviews as you are asking real people that you see on tracker forums/IRC channels everyday. These types of forums tend to be overrun by whiny kids with stupid issues and slandering competition.

I have heard the debate between which is better OVH and server.lu but it seems unanimous among my fellow torrenting nerds that if you live in the US, server.lu is the best choice and not just because OVH isn't offered in the US.

I'm looking forward to getting everything set up and I will post my experience in the future.
    Last edited by albinosaur; 04-10-2009 at 06:59 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #203
    Seedbox Provider
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdm View Post
    no ETA, but we are working on it.
    There will be no more agreement per se. We won't call it resale anymore - it's going to be an automated discount calculation based on different criteria like:
    Any way I can start purchasing discounted servers now for clients either on the old reseller agreement or what has been drafted for the new one? Is this days/weeks/months away?

4. BitTorrent   -   #204
    Anyone get a dedicated server from them recently? I put in an order on Saturday and since it was the Easter weekend, they probably only received the order this morning. Oh well more time for hungry hungry hippos.

5. BitTorrent   -   #205
    Quote Originally Posted by losthero View Post
    Anyone get a dedicated server from them recently? I put in an order on Saturday and since it was the Easter weekend, they probably only received the order this morning. Oh well more time for hungry hungry hippos.
    I ordered one 2 weeks ago. It took them a 7 days toi setup my server. I was not too happy about that. I learned they were out of hardware during that time, so I assume that is what has happened again.

Anyone have an update on when 1gbit servers might be out? Thanks.

6. BitTorrent   -   #206
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by ClayDay View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by losthero View Post
    I ordered one 2 weeks ago. It took them a 7 days toi setup my server. I was not too happy about that. I learned they were out of hardware during that time, so I assume that is what has happened again.

Anyone have an update on when 1gbit servers might be out? Thanks.
    in your case, did they offer you something free to make it up to you ? 7 days is way too long to wait....

7. BitTorrent   -   #207
    Poster
    I'm terribly sorry guys.
    The Easter weekend was horrible and our suppliers cannot deliver new goods fast enough. What we are missing right now are 750 GB Hard Drives. I'm not talking about 2 or 4 disks, but several 100 disks :-(

There is not much we can do about it. Too many people seem to like the DS7000 box, for whatever reason...

8. BitTorrent   -   #208
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    It's getting difficult to keep up with this thread and the adverts that are getting posted. Closed.

yo

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1118192021