Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Most hardcore traders are from Egypt and India?

NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Well, then if it's a case poor speeds then why bother joining the trackers at all??.. i don't wanna be excluding any one group from anything per say... just that, if you can't belong to a tracker without cheating.... or trading to get there, then why bother, really... all your doing is screwing all the legit members of them sites by not sharing the love.. and that (besides the headaches it produces) is why staff at trackers hate it
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. BitTorrent   -   #72
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    I can only speak for myself and so when I was offered an invitation to SCT, I turned it down because I heard it's almost impossible to keep a good ratio there without a fast connection and I didn't want to jeopardise his account and more imporantly his trust in me. Simply put,If I can't seed it, I don't dl it.I'm into the spirit of sharing just as much as you or any other torrenter is.

I suspect tracker staff ban countries because it's the "easy" thing to do. Ban the whole ip range and never look back,that's their attitude. Right/wrong,you decide.
    Last edited by soulreaper; 11-05-2008 at 06:08 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #73
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
    I can only speak for myself and so when I was offered an invitation to SCT, I turned it down because I heard it's almost impossible to keep a good ratio there without a fast connection and I didn't want to jeopardise his account and more imporantly his trust in me. Simply put,If I can't seed it, I don't dl it.I'm into the spirit of sharing just as much as you or any other torrenter is.

I suspect tracker staff ban countries because it's the "easy" thing to do. Ban the whole ip range and never look back,that's their attitude. Right/wrong,you decide.
    Well Said!
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #74
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Well it is easy to ban a whole country, and a lot harder to catch cheaters if your open all the time.

Mid 2007, we opened up and let in 100,000 members (we did have about 40,000 before that, so 60,000 members we let in), now this is just a general sumarisation, because i have no hard proof, believe it or not, your call.

but out of those 60,000 new members, i would say a good 30,000 were either cheaters or traders, or dupe accounts (sign up, leech, get warned, sign up again, leech, get warned, repeat the process).

1 guy we traced he had 250 accounts (i cant remember what his nationality was though), why someone would have that many emails i dont know.

but the vast majority of those, i would say 65% were Brazilian.

All my staff were clamouring for me to ban Brazil, I said no, i am the eternal optomist, thinking we could change their ways, or get good members in from that country that did not cheat.

I think we have about 7,000 members now from Brazil that do play fair and by the rules, but i can understand why tracker staff do ban countries, I know we were very close, and some of my staff still want us to ban them, even though its a lot harder to get in now.

there is not a correct answer, even doing what we are doing is not correct, because we are stopping everyone from joining up.

but in all honesty, after 4-5 years or running a tracker.

Open Signups do not work.
    Invites are not foolproof.
    even our fake page and referral system is not.

but we were closed for nearly 8 months, we went from 100,000 members, all the way down to 45,000 members, and now we have just over 30,000 members.

so lets be honest here, its not that they have a slow connections, its just that they do not want to seed back, they want something for nothing, but they also want the speed of a private tracker, well you cant have it both ways im afraid, so they either cheat, or sign up get what they want, and either never come back or create another account to leech what they want again.

Morale of all that is,

Its a pain in the fucking arse opening up, and just not worth the trouble.

But i still wont ban an entire country.

5. BitTorrent   -   #75
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper View Post
    Considering how well informed you are about our culture, I wouldn't be surprised at all if you think that India is solely filled with cows and snake charmers. It demonstrates your narrow focus and contorted perception.I admit that most of your posts are informative so this comes as a bit of a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by integral View Post
    The majority of them have no etiquette or manner education from their parents, thus they are the way they are.
    Never EVER make a sweeping generalization,its just plain wrong and ignorant when you don't have hard evidence to back it up.

Now to the OP:- Let's see some facts and figures, proper evidence to back up your findings before you even begin to point a finger at other countries/people.
    Too much time in your hands maybe.
    All this ignorance makes me dizzy.BAH!

Very well said brother. People just tend to think in negative judging from a single incident and then open up a thread accusing a particular country of trading/cheating. Then there are a whole lot of people who substantiate it by citing that its just our culture and education thats influencing all these without providing any sort of proof or facts.

Well its really damn easy to accuse someone. Even i can open up a thread tomorrow accusing people of US or any other country of cheating. Anybody can do that. But the fact is there are bastards in every country and no country or community is perfect. Its known fact that many a time people end up getting cheated while trading then why go for trade in the first place; And why this hue and cry and why accuse an entire nation of one billion people of cheating. Generalizing things of this sort is completely bullshit and it shows how narrow minded the people here are and i just can't help but wonder how would have been the reaction if US would have been blindly accused like this.

6. BitTorrent   -   #76
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi
    so lets be honest here, its not that they have a slow connections, its just that they do not want to seed back, they want something for nothing, but they also want the speed of a private tracker, well you cant have it both ways im afraid, so they either cheat, or sign up get what they want, and either never come back or create another account to leech what they want again.
    In my first post I very carefully skirted the fact that it was brazilians that stoi has so much fun with, but this is quote is the most honest evaluation in the whole thread and it is from a SiteOP.

I am from New Zealand and the internet speeds here are truly horrendous, most of the country has not even been upgraded to ADSL2 yet and the vast majority of users have a 128k to 256k upload speed, we simply seed torrents for longer. Cheating usually comes from an ADD attitude of wanting it now, fuck the waiting. What really boils my bunny is users from certain countries who harp on about how they have to cheat because of the 'slow' internet speeds in their countries, this is just a cop out, there is no need to cheat, it is simply that most of them aren't bright enough to realise this.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

7. BitTorrent   -   #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    To all you people that seem to be like 'phucked in the arse' by others people claiming things about their country/race/customs/upbringing ... it's the interwebz OK ... it's serious bussiness in here

I am Belgian and Belgians are known to be hard workers but also known for not being the smartest cheap in the shed ... who cares ... I certainly won't ... I dare you to say anything that will actually hurt me.

Get a frekkin life please ... and maybe while you're at it learn some decent English ... won't hurt to understand sarcasm and cynism when it bites you.
    YOU likes to critique other's.. it's always better to have a clear self-reflection on yourself before judging other people's behaviour.. i know that NO ONE is perfect but at least i do believe that most people would have think about what they have said or do to others and not just purely a one-sided criticism.. YOU makes me felt that YOU are such a self-centred person.. living in a world that evolves ONLY on YOUR principles and beliefs..

8. BitTorrent   -   #78
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi
    In my first post I very carefully skirted the fact that it was brazilians that stoi has so much fun with, but this is quote is the most honest evaluation in the whole thread and it is from a SiteOP.

I am from New Zealand and the internet speeds here are truly horrendous, most of the country has not even been upgraded to ADSL2 yet and the vast majority of users have a 128k to 256k upload speed, we simply seed torrents for longer. Cheating usually comes from an ADD attitude of wanting it now, fuck the waiting. What really boils my bunny is users from certain countries who harp on about how they have to cheat because of the 'slow' internet speeds in their countries, this is just a cop out, there is no need to cheat, it is simply that most of them aren't bright enough to realise this.
    Seriously?
    Here you preach the virtue of patience and the principles of Eternal Seeding but it were seriously enough then what was need of renting a seedbox?
    Last edited by apextwin146; 11-06-2008 at 04:18 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #79
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by apextwin146 View Post

Seriously?
    Here you preach the virtue of patience and the principles of Eternal Seeding but it were seriously enough then what was need of renting a seedbox?
    Fair enough question, mainly to upload, and I will be getting another seedbox for exactly that purpose for a new site that is coming up soon as well as a couple of others , but in the meantime for the last year almost it has been 128k up for me...........

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

10. BitTorrent   -   #80
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by apextwin146 View Post
    Seriously?
    Fair enough question, mainly to upload, and I will be getting another seedbox for exactly that purpose for a new site that is coming up soon as well as a couple of others , but in the meantime for the last year almost it has been 128k up for me...........
    Right .. but you do have to realise the fact that many ppl in these places that being talked abt would not have the sufficient resources to rent a seedbox to upload like u did citing the low upload speed as reason .. I too use a seedbox as a simple 256 Kbps connection here costs as much as a seedbox(not through the retarded resellers) ..
    I am not saying that in such circumstances people should trade and ratio cheat but it helps if u have a background knowledge regarding the circumstances that lead to such events .. Its not in their culture to do so.. They are merely trying to use watever resources they can get their hands on to move forward .. do you think they just wud stop downloading just cuz they cant manage a ratio .. They have to get the files and they will by using watever means accessible to them .. Bty this excludes people who like to trade for the rush for it and make it a interweb hobby .. Thats just plain pathetic

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast