Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this a historic day?

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    For clarification of my last.

Colour is still an issue, just one that people can see past now.

2. Lounge   -   #52
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by pentomato View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

No, certainly not.

When we elect a minority and race doesn't merit a mention we will have "arrived".

Not one jot before.
    Oh but we are, people never saw Obama as a black man, americans saw and see him as a leader with hope, somebody that can makes us feel proud to be americans again, to be respected in the world again.
    Obama didn't run as a black man, he did as new hope.
    Either you aren't actually from the U.S., or you are the most naive and intellectually bereft person on this continent.

I'm leaning toward the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post

Yes, but I will go right out to the end of the limb to say racism, however it is perceived, is a bigger hang-up for blacks than whites, these days.

Whites compound the problem with their guilt.

It's pretty stupid, really.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. Lounge   -   #53
    Yes, but I will go right out to the end of the limb to say racism, however it is perceived, is a bigger hang-up for blacks than whites, these days.

Of course it's a "bigger hang-up for the blacks" they are primarily the victims and have been since they were enslaved. It's maybe the centuries of oppression they are reacting to. Wouldn't you agree.

I don't even want to begin to think what "Whites compound the problem with their guilt." means.

4. Lounge   -   #54

Of course it's a "bigger hang-up for the blacks" they are primarily the victims and have been since they were enslaved. It's maybe the centuries of oppression they are reacting to. Wouldn't you agree.

I don't even want to begin to think what "Whites compound the problem with their guilt." means.
    For it all to finally elapse requires old beliefs be relinquished, which is (my opinion) a greater problem for blacks than whites.

Whites, therefore (and I assume you can discern the relevance) need to let go the guilt that should have perished with their elders.

I understand the reluctance to forego historic beliefs, but for many it is an active aversion, not to be given up without a pound or two of flesh and/or reparations.

I don't believe "getting even" is an entitlement.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Lounge   -   #55

For it all to finally elapse requires old beliefs be relinquished, which is (my opinion) a greater problem for blacks than whites.

Whites, therefore (and I assume you can discern the relevance) need to let go the guilt that should have perished with their elders.

I understand the reluctance to forego historic beliefs, but for many it is an active aversion, not to be given up without a pound or two of flesh and/or reparations.

That is one of the most appalling posts it has been my misfortune not to avoid reading.

What does it have to do with "old beliefs"

"For it all to finally elapse requires old beliefs be relinquished, which is (my opinion) a greater problem for blacks than whites."

Tell that to the white southerners who are still (last few days) saying things like "To be honest I've never really seen the point in blacks".

6. Lounge   -   #56
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
    How do you figure that then? o_O
    Read pentomato's recent posts in the Drawing Room. You'll see after that that ignoring her altogether the best option. I don't even bother reading her shite anymore. True story.

yo

7. Lounge   -   #57
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Just finished reading the rest of the thread. When did the Lounge become serious bidness?

yo

8. Lounge   -   #58

That is one of the most appalling posts it has been my misfortune not to avoid reading.

What does it have to do with "old beliefs"

"For it all to finally elapse requires old beliefs be relinquished, which is (my opinion) a greater problem for blacks than whites."

Tell that to the white southerners who are still (last few days) saying things like "To be honest I've never really seen the point in blacks".
    There is no end to anecdotal recollection, but for obvious reasons.

Think of the FACT of liberal plants in pointy white hats at republican rallies screaming that they wanted Obama's testicles on a platter.

I know you heard about this; I sure did.

Then think of a hostile media watching and reporting, but going no further, while law enforcement stands idly by.

Can you imagine this as reality with the media and the libs (and the conservatives as well) slavering to tear their hoods off before the cameras.

If these had been the genuine article, you'd have seen them (and their recognizable, identifiable faces) on camera, don't you think.

Most if not all of what you hear along those lines is fabrication, Jim.

If you want to see genuine southern racism, watch the Bill and Hill show.

They don't preach it, but they sure do practice it.

-Mark Twain

9. Lounge   -   #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Just finished reading the rest of the thread. When did the Lounge become serious bidness?
    Don't ask me, Mr. Mod.

I just go with the flow.

-Mark Twain

10. Lounge   -   #60
    pentomato's Avatar Above the sun
    Quote Originally Posted by pentomato View Post
    Oh but we are, people never saw Obama as a black man, americans saw and see him as a leader with hope, somebody that can makes us feel proud to be americans again, to be respected in the world again.
    Obama didn't run as a black man, he did as new hope.
    Either you aren't actually from the U.S., or you are the most naive and intellectually bereft person on this continent.

I'm leaning toward the latter.

Let me see if I understand. So whites voted for Obama because they felt guilty? My ass they did, they voted for Obama because of his ideas and because he is not another boy from the Washington club.
    Damn republicans, you just find any reason to justify crapm guess what? Obama is your president, like it or not deal with it.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast