Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this a historic day?

pentomato's Avatar Above the sun
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
    How do you figure that then? o_O
    Read pentomato's recent posts in the Drawing Room. You'll see after that that ignoring her altogether the best option. I don't even bother reading her shite anymore. True story.
    Do you feel like killing yourself? lol lol lol, usually that happens after a black man wins the elections and somebody reminds you of it.
    Long life to Obama.

2. Lounge   -   #62
    pentomato's Avatar Above the sun
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
    How do you figure that then? o_O
    Read pentomato's recent posts in the Drawing Room. You'll see after that that ignoring her altogether the best option. I don't even bother reading her shite anymore. True story.
    Ignoring her? lol lol lol lol lol I must make a beautiful woman then, don't you wish you could have me?

3. Lounge   -   #63
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Fuck off. You're giving us Obama supporters a bad name, lad.

-bd

4. Lounge   -   #64
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    I guess I'll take Skizo's advice on this one.

Twice in one month him and I agree.

5. Lounge   -   #65
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Think of the FACT of liberal plants in pointy white hats at republican rallies screaming that they wanted Obama's testicles on a platter.

I know you heard about this; I sure did.
    What?
    So the people booing Obama at McCain's concession speech were "liberal plants"?

Funny thing...at McCain's party- invitation only, hand-picked attendees- there is audible booing several times at the mention of Obama.
    At Grant Park in Chicago, where a couple hundred thousand gathered by open invitation, there is dead silence during McCain's speech.

I guess all the liberal plants were rooted in Arizona that day.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Lounge   -   #66
    惡魔的提倡者
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    It's not that long ago that Marin Luther King spoke of his dream. That was a historic moment. Are we about to see the World taking a step towards the fulfilment of that dream. Where all men and women truly are born equal (I substituted created deliberately).
    I think race isn't an issue except for a rapidly dieing out fraction of society. As a first it is noteworthy in US history, but the true time when the racist America myth can be laid to rest would be when a black republican not only wins his party nomination but keeps turnout high enough to win those southern red states in the election.

Those states didn't vote against Obama because of his skin color. They did so because of political ideology.

That said I can't help but think it would be a lot like the black sheriff in the blazing saddles movie turning up in Rockridge, only to have everyone support him in fighting the evil commie liberal that the democratic party runs with.

7. Lounge   -   #67
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    "...racist American myth...", you're having a laugh.

I'm not saying it's not much better than it was FFS I never thought I would see a black POTUS but it's no myth.

8. Lounge   -   #68
    this thread shouldnt have lived past the first day

9. Lounge   -   #69
    惡魔的提倡者
    I'm not suggesting that there is no racism in the US. You only have to listen to talk radio to see that. I'm not suggesting that it was a myth yesteryear in some states or that some clinging to that time aren't still walking.

I'm talking about the entire USA, Which if you take as a whole and not attribute the lowest fringe as the whole is no more racist than most of the rest of the world.
    Last edited by devilsadvocate; 11-06-2008 at 07:47 PM.

10. Lounge   -   #70
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    You're having an even bigger laugh now.

What was the civil rights movement in the USA about then, if racism wasn't endemic.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast