Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Us Policy Spawns World Terrorist Force.

Poster
    Friends, to me what is against logic is your views, what is the need to stay in the middle east? the saudi, yemeni, omani, Emirates, Kuwaiti, Jordanian, even Syiran (to some extent) law system arrests those who have involvements with Al Qaida.
    Iran does the same Iraq is no longer a threat, Israel has enough weapons to look after its self, Egypt has become a western state more then an Arabic state, Libya is as much a threat to america as my little finger, there is no point in staying other then alteria motives.
    Again Iran poses no threat, if you come at me with a knife if i have a gun i will use it, if leave me alone then i wont use a weapon, and as for salman rushdia Iran has lifted the price on his head. Iran is run by an Islamic government, and Ayetollah Khamana'i has more power to control things then Khatami, and according to the rules you cannot engage in a war unless self defence and if you look at the evidence the people america has trouble from is the extreme Wahabites, i personally have not heard of any Shi'ite groups sponsered by Iran throw threats at any western country and they dont even threaten civilians, asfor nukes, America has more devistating weapons, By the time Iran could be capable even though there not aiming for it but by the time they are capable of handling nukes the west would have weapons more devastating, the fact comes down to Iran wants to become a major power and the west doesnt like it, to them a threat is just being there with the capability of defending its self. As i have said Iran hasnt made anythreat hell even when the 9/11 happened Khatami and Khamana'i sent letters of condolences and Khaman'i gave an hour lecture condeming the act.
    America would us any excuse to hit Iran... why would they push Saddam to start a war with them in the early 80's when the nation has barly been born? The west made the first hit and Iran hasnt done nothing in return even though they have the right to atleast warn america to stay out of there face
    It seems the thing that is feared is the ideology rather then the weaponry.... we all know that most of the top dogs consider Islam itself a threat to "there way of life", i wouldnt be suprised if this whole thing is about destroying a faith rather then a power.
    but hey why should we care right? it doesnt affect our ways....

2. The Drawing Room   -   #42
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by clocker+9 September 2003 - 06:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker &#064; 9 September 2003 - 06:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-noname12@8 September 2003 - 23:32
    clocker yeah they do pose no threat, as any country go looking for a fight and they will, leave them alone they will not say a word, the propaganda against Iran is unbelievable, Iran has done nothing, poses no threats, infact has made no threats other then if america attacks we are ready to defend our selves, for the love of god if some one accuses america of being an axis of evil and says they may take steps against them they would invade them so fast no one would no about it yet Iran is all calm done nothing saying nothing,
    In November 1979, Iranian student revolutionaries widely thought to be linked to the Khomeini government occupied the American Embassy in Tehran. Iran held 52 Americans hostage for 444 days.
    Observers say Iran had prior knowledge of Hezbollah attacks, such as the 1988 kidnapping and murder of Colonel William Higgins, a U.S. Marine involved in a U.N. observer mission in Lebanon, and the 1992 and 1994 bombings of Jewish cultural institutions in Argentina.
    Iran still has a price on the head of the Indian-born British novelist Salman Rushdie for what Iranian leaders call blasphemous writings about Islam in his 1989 novel The Satanic Verses.
    U.S. officials say Iran supported and inspired the group behind the 1996 truck bombing of Khobar Towers, a U.S. military residence in Saudi Arabia, which killed 19 U.S. servicemen. [/b][/quote]
    In November 1979, Iranian student revolutionaries widely thought to be linked to the Khomeini government occupied the American Embassy in Tehran. Iran held 52 Americans hostage for 444 days.
    These are individuals....students, not the Iranian Government.

Observers say Iran had prior knowledge of Hezbollah attacks, such as the 1988 kidnapping and murder of Colonel William Higgins, a U.S. Marine involved in a U.N. observer mission in Lebanon, and the 1992 and 1994 bombings of Jewish cultural institutions in Argentina.
    The US Intelligence had prior knowledge of 9/11, Syria offered to track Terrorists and the US Government didnt want the info, etc etc.

......if no one listens, you cant then blame them for not telling.

Iran still has a price on the head of the Indian-born British novelist Salman Rushdie for what Iranian leaders call blasphemous writings about Islam in his 1989 novel The Satanic Verses.
    Until 1952 or sth (repeal of the witchcraft laws) you could still burn a witch at the stake in UK.

Look to your own laws.... not all those old Religion Based ones are Repealed. So you cant blame them for following what, to them, is a Religious Law.

It wasnt THAT long ago, that Missouri encouraged people to shoot Mormons.

U.S. officials say Iran supported and inspired the group behind the 1996 truck bombing of Khobar Towers, a U.S. military residence in Saudi Arabia, which killed 19 U.S. servicemen.
    Want us to start naming the Groups the US Government support/have supported?

Bet I can name a LOT more that US Government have supported, than you can what Iranian Government has.

But even more specifically:

U.S. officials say
    Like they say WMD in Iraq that could be deployed within 45minutes?

Tons of the stuff, and they know EXACTLY where it is.....yeh, right.

"US Officials say" has lost a lot of credibility lately.

FACT:

Iran was starting to enter the world stage again, after its self imposed seclusion since the Shah was overthrown, and its Islamic Government came to power. It was relaxing the Islamic Laws etc etc....

Then along comes back mouth Bush naming them "Axis of Evil"......

Result: Withdrawn once again from the world stage and tightened up on Islamic Law........Doh, score another one for blunderhead in the Whitehouse.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345