Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Tidy Up The Forum, Please.

Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    i will quote justin timberlake for the first and only time ever...

Cry Me A River...

nowstfuplz4tehlovekthnxbye...

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #42
    Poster
    I expressed my opinion, in the way that I chose to express it. As my collegue pointed out a one liner and a picture post.

Is that OK with everyone.

Why do people assume that "sensible" posts have more value than silly ones. Indeed the world has enough sensible $hit going on. Some stupidity helps sometimes.

Wibble.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #43
    Poster
    Originally posted by JPaul@9 September 2003 - 19:58
    I expressed my opinion, in the way that I chose to express it. As my collegue pointed out a one liner and a picture post.

Is that OK with everyone.

Why do people assume that "sensible" posts have more value than silly ones. Indeed the world has enough sensible $hit going on. Some stupidity helps sometimes.

Wibble.
    Wobble.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #44
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Guys wish you could have stayed on topic. If new people walk in and just have a remark... take your time and listen to it....
    Maybe someone has a good idea .

oh and Hogster... there is an edit function. You don't need to make a new post to ad something to your previous one.
    Check it maybe you find how the edit works!

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #45
    Poster
    I don't think I went of topic old bean. I was expressing my opinion, that some of us like the feel of the board as it is. We treat it as fun and enjoyable.

This board, more than any I know is moderated with a light touch and the members really enjoy it that way. If someone comes along and wishes to express their opinion that it should be changed and "tidied up" then I support their right to have and express that opinion. Sometimes some of the drivel threads annoy me as well, but who am I to censor or make value judgements on other peoples work. Unless I find it in excessively bad taste, or overly offensive, then I have a right to comment.

I feel that I am entitled to express my opinion in the same way that he has the right to express his. I chose to do that, in this instance, as a one liner and posting a picture (a masterpiece I may add). Surely that is my prerogative. I was not offensive or dis-respectful towards the chap. I just wanted to make my point, in my own way.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #46
    lynx's Avatar .
    I think the whole point is that the forum is the way it is because the vast majority of members want it to be that way. Anyone who doesn't like the format of the forum is perfectly free to move on, no-one is holding them here. Change the format and you may find that many of the regular members may feel they no longer like it and may decide to move on too. We have already lost quite a few with the recent board problems, I hope not permanently, but I doubt that changing the format will encourage them to return.

Edit: having just re-read JP's post, I think he has a very strong point about the 'light' moderation. I feel that by and large the fact that the moderation is so 'light', most people tend to respect it - treat people like adults and they will behave like adults - but obviously the moderation has to be there because there are always some who will abuse things. But it also lends a very light-hearted feel to the board, and I think most people appreciate that.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #47
    I love the forum as it is, and don't think it needs to be changed in any way. I think the avatars and sigs are fun!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345