Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bash The N00b

Poster
    In my experience, which granted is limited, not everyone is given a hard time.

The people who do tend to be are those who frankly bring it upon themselves by the content or attitude of their post.

For example - what idiot decided on this server. Can any of you pricks tell me ..... I've been waiting 3 seconds will you answer. I would like to use kazaa to download files, is this a good idea. Do you think the RIAA are not very nice.

Or flame baiters and to be honest there are loads of them about. Or more likely some, who are recidivists.

The bottom line is that n00bs don't normally get that much of a hard time. However this board and it's members have a certain feel. One of which is a degree of good natured harshness. The mods know this and allow it, but step in if it goes too far.

The way I see it, the forum is it's members. If people don't like the attitude of the members, this is probably not the place for them. The same goes for any forum.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    -abel-
    let me start off by introducing myself. i am a long-time moderator of three different forums, and a member of many others. okay, enough introduction.

i have to say that after reviewing the three threads that toddiscool posted up in defense of the flamers, it's easy to come to the conclusion that a lot of members of this forum are just asses. i mean, sure, there are forums where there are some people who can be bitter or condescending.. but from just looking at those three threads, anyone can tell you're just straight-out bashing the people over nothing.

in one of the examples, a new person asks about the server and says that it takes a long time for it to load up for him, expecially with kazaa open and all that. sure, sort of a silly topic, but i was just amazed to see a moderator say something like "get the hell out or buy us a new server." you just let anyone become a mod here?

also, if a no0b is posting a stupid question that has been asked a hundred times, there's no need to have a load of members post on the thread about how stupid that person is. a simple response, like "use the search feature" or "here's the link to a topic like this" would have been better. to me, the people who keep the threads going by insulting people are doing much more harm than the original poster.

i'm not judging this entire forum; i've seen that there are a lot of helpful people here. like jpaul said, if you don't like the attitude of the forum, don't keep going there. don't reply to my post; i won't ever be back here to check for responses.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Poster
    That's a shame. Seemed like a decent spud as well.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Poster
    -abel-, get the hell out or get us some better members

On second thought, our members are fine. you know what to do.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    I bet he will take a look though!

6. Lounge   -   #36
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    I hate hit and run tactics.
    Now abel will never read all those inventive insults we stay up all night constructing.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Poster
    Originally posted by chalice@16 September 2003 - 21:38
    I hate hit and run tactics.
    Now abel will never read all those inventive insults we stay up all night constructing.
    Like "Arse"

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Forum Star
    it's easy to come to the conclusion that a lot of members of this forum are just asses.

last years agm

so you wont be coming to this years then, -abel- ?

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Poster
    Arse(s)

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Poster
    Or possibly Moon River

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast