Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Is Google Chrome a flop?

For those saying that Chrome came at a bad time, I don't think that's true. I think Chrome's a good browser, but it definitely needs to loosen up and let us customize. We needed Chrome because the older (and more popular) browsers still had pieces of them that were obsolete. They were made, then added on to. If Micro$oft (oh god) took XP (which, as the index agrees, many people love), and just added to it all of the time, we'd just have a mess.
    I think it's good to start fresh sometimes. That's what Chrome did. I'll use Chrome, and hope that it gets more customizable. It isn't a flop unless you make it one.
    Last edited by Recursacro; 08-17-2009 at 03:21 AM. Reason: Grammatical errors, mostly.

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #42
    dadelor's Avatar Supercalafragalistic BT Rep: +4
    I havent used it much but i did notice under a high bandwith load it usually pulls up pages faster than firefox did.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #43
    No, not at all. Chrome as a browser is unique and runs pretty darn fast. In all tests and environments, it renders faster than Firefox ( but when you're dealing with milliseconds, its not that big of deal ).

It's not for bad connections however, as the way Chrome is structured it uses alot of system power.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #44
    I'd use it if there was something like adblock. But really, I can't browse w/o that anymore.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    I'd use it if there was something like adblock. But really, I can't browse w/o that anymore.
    Well in Chrome, ads can't be forced on you with Javascript. They'll be tab on the bottom of the screen just in case you're looking for a legitimate popup.

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #46
    GamesoulMaster's Avatar n00b
    I agree that Chrome could use some work. I never gave it a full testing, but I didn't like how rigid it was, and the interface was a bit odd to get used to. Seemed fairly fast. Didn't really see how it handles compatibility with webpage coding, but I'm sure Google probably did a decent job with that too (Edit: Just gave another quick test, and it handles coding pretty well it seems). It has image loading issues though. I noticed that sometimes, images just won't load the first time, and you have to reload the page (as I didn't see an option to "Show picture").

I guess Chrome could be something like a diamond in the raw, eh? More customization (options for native theming and a menu bar would be nice) and some more attention to things that other browsers have had right for years (instead of trying to be better where other browsers tend to fail) would make Chrome a solid contender.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #47
    Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    why use google chrome when firefox is so good. I would try it but im so happy with firefox. There is not a single thing that firefox is missing, it is the ultimate.

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #48
    SelfMadeMMAn's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    Tried chrome and hated every minute of it. Would rather use IE so I welcomed myself back to FF. Feels like home
    Who dat? Who dat? Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints?

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #49
    kooltilldend's Avatar One n Only BT Rep: +2
    chrome has its good things as well but until they can figure a way to implement add-ons...it just ain't cutting it for me

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #50
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I was reading that extensions are on the way .

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/11/16...me-extensions/
    Last edited by peat moss; 11-18-2009 at 01:52 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast