Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Death of P2P

xnugx's Avatar sup? BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by basilhaydens View Post
    After reading that FSC giveaway thread I have to say that it sums up perfectly what the private bt community comes down to, a circle jerk of trusted friends on the inside and a bunch of illiterate morons trying to get in somehow. Then, somewhere in the middle is the average user who doesn't post much at all, is friends only with his inviter and downloads what he wants without saying a peep. I don't really care about sharing files and I don't really care about the people I've met in the past couple of years. I realized it was all b.s. a few months ago and haven't looked back since, except to wonder why I wasn't one of those average/middle group users who kept his mouth shut and his harddrive full.

Peace.
    ^^^^ This. Hahaha, basically re-worded my point.

To the flamers, could you guys prove my point a bit more? If it makes you feel good about yourselves, more power to you. The real joke is how true colors are showing just based on the responses being posted. I mean, be whoever you want to be, but being a dick to everybody then expecting something nice in return makes no sense. Unfortunately this is the #1 practice on FST.
    Last edited by Skizo; 12-12-2008 at 10:27 AM. Reason: removed quote

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    Definitely off the topic of The death of p2p which i hope is never!

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by pone44 View Post
    Definitely off the topic of The death of p2p which i hope is never!
    Haha it will be never! I hope also.

I just kinda feel like the initial heart behind p2p has turned into a river full of piranhas.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Just because you are disillusioned doesn't mean the end of p2p, unless you have the most massive God complex in the community (tough to do though).
    There are so many who take this whole thing so seriously, ffs it's just a hobby. If your not having fun it truly is time to pack up your bat and ball and go home.
    I get the very strong impression that the bit torrent community is like some kind of virtual popularity contest, where you have the nerds in the corner saying the whole thing is rigged or a sham or just a nice tight little circle for the 'in' crowd. Damn! the whole thing sounds so pathetic. Grow some balls, sit back relax, enjoy the communities you are in laugh and talk to friends on irc, pm, in forums or just get teh filez, whatever spins your wheels but seriously this kind of poast is just sad, truly sad. If it's not fun don't do it man............

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    ..... BT Rep: +2

Surprised/Amazed

I def agree with that. Artemis.

Embrace it guys!
    Last edited by pone44; 12-12-2008 at 07:27 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Just because you are disillusioned doesn't mean the end of p2p, unless you have the most massive God complex in the community (tough to do though).
    There are so many who take this whole thing so seriously, ffs it's just a hobby. If your not having fun it truly is time to pack up your bat and ball and go home.
    I get the very strong impression that the bit torrent community is like some kind of virtual popularity contest, where you have the nerds in the corner saying the whole thing is rigged or a sham or just a nice tight little circle for the 'in' crowd. Damn! the whole thing sounds so pathetic. Grow some balls, sit back relax, enjoy the communities you are in laugh and talk to friends on irc, pm, in forums or just get teh filez, whatever spins your wheels but seriously this kind of poast is just sad, truly sad. If it's not fun don't do it man............
    I agree with you as well! I have a ton of fun and enjoy myself daily and I know a lot of other users do too. What I'm not for is what you mentioned about the popularity contests, etc.

We don't need to beat each other down constantly, let's be done with this hate!
    Last edited by xnugx; 12-12-2008 at 08:46 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by xnugx View Post
    Unfortunately this is the #1 practice on FST.
    No, no it isn't. Not at all.

You're just spending the bulk of your time here in the Bittard Bittorrent section.

yo

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by xnugx View Post
    I mean, be whoever you want to be, but being a dick to everybody then expecting something nice in return makes no sense. Unfortunately this is the #1 practice on FST.
    do you realize that most of the people "being dicks" are doing it because you're extremely whiny like a little kid who just got his ball stolen? you didn't get what you want and you arent socially inept enough to even make e-friends that trust you a little so you came here and called it "The Death of P2P". also i know i dont come here just to be a dick and then expect something, i actually come here to fuck around and if someone is being whiny i'll tell them like it is, sorry if you dont take insults so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    You're just spending the bulk of your time here in the Bittard Bittorrent section.
    oh snap, i see what you did there, you called it the "bittard" section. jesus, that gets funnier each time one of you does it... or not. get over yourself.

do i get more infractions now for not getting along with you? because i'll be completely honest again, i dont like you, never have and i never will. you're annoying and condescending and it gets old very fast.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by aysomc View Post
    do you realize that most of the people "being dicks" are doing it because you're extremely whiny like a little kid who just got his ball stolen? you didn't get what you want and you arent socially inept enough to even make e-friends that trust you a little so you came here and called it "The Death of P2P". also i know i dont come here just to be a dick and then expect something, i actually come here to fuck around and if someone is being whiny i'll tell them like it is, sorry if you dont take insults so well.
    Perhaps you shouldn't get so involved that you feel the need to insult members.

oh snap, i see what you did there, you called it the "bittard" section. jesus, that gets funnier each time one of you does it... or not. get over yourself.

do i get more infractions now for not getting along with you? because i'll be completely honest again, i dont like you, never have and i never will. you're annoying and condescending and it gets old very fast.
    No, but I'd be happy to oblige an off-topic one if you'd like to carry on.
    Last edited by Skizo; 12-12-2008 at 01:28 PM.

yo

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    PlayeR's Avatar (•̃͡-̮•̃͡) BT Rep: +5
    I would like to see that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast