Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is torrenting killing too much time

1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Enlightened View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tudor View Post
    yes it does :| now i can't stop
    Ha !! Ha !!.....I freakin' know what U MEAN, Man....

Torrenting can be the Worst addiction , if U DO NOT discipline yourself...
    especially, when U get into the "Bad Habit" of chasing after High end or rare Trackers.....

Take it from a Recovery Ex-High end Tracker Chaser....

Get a life, go out with friends& family, Get a GF, read a Book, enjoy Life, Torrenting >>> is just a way to supplement your acquisition of Big entertainment files....

If all fails, Go Download some XXX , U will NEVER have any problem SEEDing it Back.......LMAO. Good luck Wankers on Torrenting...
    lol are you 'recovered' or did you just finally get all the high-end trackers you wanted

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Any hobby requires a persons time. Whether or not you spend considerable amounts or just dilly-dally is up to you. I find myself in a nice happy-medium.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Sunnydown's Avatar Poster
    I enjoy sharing as much as I can, so torrents are my favorite choice. I do occasionally use RSS and News, but prefer the forums on torrent sites. I have met some really great friends!

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    hijump's Avatar Beyond L33T BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    torenting consumes much time .. this is the main ideea

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Torrenting itself? No. It takes a couple minutes to hunt down the file you want and download. It finishes downloading then it seeds. Torrenting takes up very little of my time.

Spending time on forums, like FST and others, discussing a whole bunch of nothing takes up a whole lot more of my time than torrenting ever did, or will.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    ajsi's Avatar think twice... BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Torrenting itself? No. It takes a couple minutes to hunt down the file you want and download. It finishes downloading then it seeds. Torrenting takes up very little of my time.

Spending time on forums, like FST and others, discussing a whole bunch of nothing takes up a whole lot more of my time than torrenting ever did, or will.
    i can do nothing but agree with you

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Keeping up with the Jones' and trying to get into new trackers, buffer accounts, all that shit, takes up too much time. I learned my lesson though. You'll never use up that buffer and you don't need all those sites. Just be honest with yourself about what you really want/need from torrents.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Long John Silver
    Def takes up time esp if you use a home line that you have to monitor like a hawk..it's not the downloading or the uploading traffic -- it's the prepping of descriptions tc if you upload at numerous sites, it's the forums on sites and off (like this one), its the silly competitions that tempt you with GBs and invites that you'll most likely never use, and it's the damned IRC where every 5 mins your name flashes and you just can't resist seeing what was said lol. I think my new year resolution will be more torrenting less of the stuff surrounding it!

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    colbert's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    The key is to limit your time and efforts into just a few sites. If you are spending a lot of time maintaining 5+ sites, it's time to consolidate.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    it's called, only using trackers you need and building buffers.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast