Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tit IRC

Frankthetank1's Avatar Über User BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Its not the #tit of old.

This is the reason why i asked. I knew they wanted no part of FST.
    Last edited by Frankthetank1; 12-21-2008 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    “Just because you’re miserable doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your life.”

DO NOT RANDOMLY PM ME ASKING FOR INVITES!

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Many sites don't want a part of FST but they handle themselves like adults, not like little children. To hear one side of the story is childish, foolsih and just rude. Now I'm not going to be equally childish and Ban all Tit Staff accts here right. No because We don't act like that. Damn fools

I just checked the IRC again and I was still Z:lined
    Last edited by Detale; 12-21-2008 at 02:16 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    whip22's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Thanks guys. I got in and spoke with some staff there. i have to say MuddSlinger (forgive if I misspelled it) Was a gentleman and so was someone else whos name escapes me. But then out of no where I was bounced out of their IRC shortly after I was told I needed to speak with the upper level staff. So now I cant contact them. Cowardly move if you asked me. I invited them to be part of our community here and they insulted me by not even trying to listen. I would think that a site with their reputation would have more decency than that.
    Muddslinger is a good guy...
    no shit =)

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I donīt know what happened and I donīt care either, but itīs curious... many staffers come here, look for members to recruit, use FST for raising their sites, are very nice... and then, once they are on their way... or they think so, FST is evil and even being a member of this site is a capital sin. Thanks God those sites I really love and take care of them are leaded by people with the head on their shoulders, not in the middle of their asses.

By the way, I agree: MuddSlinger is a cool guy.
    Last edited by Nemrod; 12-21-2008 at 03:33 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    I donīt know what happened and I donīt care either, but itīs curious... many staffers come here, look for members to recruit, use FST for raising their sites, are very nice... and then, once they are on their way... or they think so, FST is evil and even being a member of this site is a capital sin. Thanks God those sites I really love and take care of them are leaded by people with the head on their shoulders, not in the middle of their asses.

By the way, I agree: MuddSlinger is a cool guy.
    Thats a reasonable point of view but many sites are not like this most of em in fact I don't think are. I can remember in recent history of a few sites that have done this. I don't want to give the impression that site staff are asshats most of em aren't. Most of them are in fact insane though lol. This was just a fucked up way to go about it. The person that kicked me out of the IRC is a coward and a lowlife. Good luck with IRC op's like that working for you. You'll need it

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    But thrillerboy will come here and ask for not Irc addresses but asking for PTN?
    Or other things?
    Quote Originally Posted by thrillerboy View Post
    dunno never even tried it.... I can't get whats the fun in giving the buffered account (which we buffered carefully) to someone else and getting his buffered account... :/
    Never been to tit.Not looking either. Sure it is good.
    Last edited by pone44; 12-21-2008 at 07:40 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    where do i apply to join muddslingers fan club ?

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    You're just going to have to come to terms with the position you are in. A guy going around banning someone who is attempting to catch traders is not going to have a good look in the face of staff, and that's just a fact. Even if that's not the reason you were banned, some trackers are just going to react that way when FST is brought up.

For what it's worth, I don't think you really anything wrong. I think you and all of the mods I've seen in action do an excellent job, and make quite an effort to help this site (and subsection). Hopefully in the (near) future, majority opinions will change on FST.

they didn't built Rome in one day

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    BlastGT1's Avatar The Master Blaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankthetank1 View Post
    Its not the #tit of old.

This is the reason why i asked. I knew they wanted no part of FST.
    Even in the old days, we didn't want any part of traders or sellers. Sadly, no one even bothers to try and get in the honest way anymore, because it's all about "me me me, what can I get for me" anymore. Sad to say that the bittorrent world has gone to total shit in 2 years.

I would have so much more respect for A.) FST Members, and B.) FST as a site, if I didn't know from personal experience that the vast majority of people who acquire accounts or invites to sites via trades/sales are either too inexperienced to handle what they're getting, or flat out do not care about the rules of the sites they are trying to get into. When you get into a site by breaking said site's rules in the first place, can you really EXPECT the staff of that site to be receptive to you, the person who hustled your way in?

Here's the deal. Yes, some sites, as previously mentioned, will use FST and other sites like it to get members, because Lord knows that as soon as you announce free leech, open signups, or anything else, every large site like FST seems to know immediately that it's in progress, and storms your gates. If they later turn on the very places that they recruited from, then I agree that's pretty two-faced and pathetic. However, a site that takes a stand in the first place is different. It is the very rules that they put in place, and the way they handle themselves as staff of each site, that determines success or failure. Can any idiot get a copy of a torrent site source and a VPS or dedicated box for a month, then ask for donations? Yes, of course they can! But can any idiot spend quality time designing, implementing, and maintaining a top-tier site, the kind you'd kill to have a membership on? Hell no! So why the hell would you disregard their rules and try to get in via a proverbial back door?

Stop and think beyond just your OWN immediate desires and wants. By circumventing rules and regulations, you destroy something intended to be good, both for and to you. How many users actually give a damn about community? I'd say about 5% if you're really lucky. Look around here, I guarantee you'll find that the vast majority of users here only post when they want something, or try to deal behind the scenes. And we do know about the super-secret hidden trader sections. There isn't a damn thing we can't or won't know about, sooner or later. And you never know WHO you can or can't trust.

Bottom line: We wouldn't give a damn about any of you getting in if we knew you could be trusted, on the whole, to abide by the rules we set out for you, to maintain the integrity of our sites. But when you're breaking the rules BEFORE you even become a member, tell me how that should innspire us to have confidence in you as a member?

Detale: I don't know who banned you from the IRC server, but yes, they could have handled that differently. Your Z-Line didn't come as a request from me. FYI: People's opinions of you can be influenced by the company you keep. Even if you "keep your nose clean" as they say, by hanging around with snot, you too can (and will) appear in need of cleaning. It's well-known that many FST staffers, former and current, are deep into the trading scene, and don't hesitate to break sites' rules for their own gain. I also know personally that your leader here (who it wouldn't surprise me if he banned me after this post, which would be typical), has a reputation for wanting to "cooperate" with torrent sites on enforcing their rules, yet gives little or nothing to those sites in return for their concessions, essentially lying to their face while stabbing them in the back. I've dealt with him myself when I was a member of TPG Staff, and I speak from firsthand experience. And yes, his name is RealitY, and we'll see if he gives me the boot, and perhaps deletes/edits my post as well.

We don't trust anyone who shows themselves untrustworthy, whether by association or by action. By "we" I mean the collective of torrent site staffers, at least most of us. We put a LOT of time into doing what we do, none of it paid (except for the sites that seem to have ridiculously high bills everymonth and spam your inbox every WEEK with donation nagging), and we don't appreciate seeing floods of people come in whose only care or concern is "gimme gimme gimme, now now now!"

I sincerely hope that some people here read this, and actually take it to heart. They say good things come to those who wait, and I can guarantee you that people who come to TiT's IRC, actually invest time interacting with members in the channel, and make themselves available to others as far as letting them get to know you, will get invites a whole lot easier than the people hiding in the Private Message halls of FST or like sites, making back room deals in the dark. Do you want to work hard for an account or invite that could end up earning you a ban or several, or do you think it's worth investing a little time to actually be a part of the human side of torrenting to get where you want to be? You can be honest, come into our IRC and say "I'm not a member, but I hope to be one day," and from there actually get to know a few people, have a little fun. I've seen it happen where someone actually gets an invite within minutes of showing up, just because they actually went that extra distance to show they were interested in more than just a torrent fix. But if you disappear from IRC like a hot potato out of someone's hands as soon as you nab that invite, it won't take long to have you watched like a hawk for eventual plank-walking if you so much as sneeze wrong.

We do our damndest to be about community at TiT, because that was what made it strong in the past. There IS more to torrenting that JUT what you can download today or tomorrow, people. Some have the foolish opinion that the internet is useless for friends and interaction. How wrong they are, because you can make friends who are as close as blood. I've even managed to meet people who are fellow torrenters by being active within communities. It's really not as hard as you think to go about it the honest way........you just have to be sincere, MEAN what you say and do, because it's easy to figure out who was faking. Personally, I wouldn't mind having all of you on TiT, if I could know that you'd be as honest in your dealings there as I am being in my dealings here. I sure hope some of you read this message, and begin to prove me wrong in my opinions and perceptions, that people in a forum like this truly CAN respect site rules while frequenting a site such as FST.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    still it waoulda been a nice and pleasnt thing to have a converstion with ppl who can manup and confront ya head up with thyre grievances before kicking ya out of irc lets say
    I m currently collecting ears for my new ear necklace.
    donations are most welcome, send me a message at [email protected]

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast