Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The attitude around here needs to change

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by xnugx View Post
    I'm on a forum where this recently happened, and it's been beautiful since then. No double posts, crap threads, excessive flames, pointless one-liners to up post counts... Most threads are really constructive now, it's nice.
    xnugx mind giving me the name of the forum? I've never been kicked out of anything* and I want to see what's feels like.

*Except for a few bars,my sister's wedding and of course school but who hasn't?

2. BitTorrent   -   #112
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787
    I've never been kicked out of anything* and I want to see what's feels like.
    Just rock up to the bouncer at a local night club and tell him his sister has been down on everything except the titanic, I give you about 30 seconds after that...........

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

3. BitTorrent   -   #113
    J-dye's Avatar BANNED BT Rep: +1
    remove detale . problem solved . thread closed

4. BitTorrent   -   #114
    sheriff 01's Avatar Safety First! BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Where was the problem solved?

5. BitTorrent   -   #115
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by J-dye View Post
    maybe but not for long

6. BitTorrent   -   #116
    nthpeter's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Great morale post, but this wont change anything. Ppl change, forums change as they achieve more popularity, etc...

7. BitTorrent   -   #117
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by ajsi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tudor View Post
    most of the bashing comes from the older users here and it comes directly to the newcomers that start posting here without searching first and they will get ass drilled with 2-3 pages in 1 hour
    that is absolutely normal and it happens even in the real life. experienced ppl make fun of freshmen/newcomers/noobs. that's just the way it is. some things can be changed(and they should be) and some can not.
    Well to a degree thats to be expected but when it turns personal and ugly then there's no need and I will intervene.

Quote Originally Posted by interwebz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post

Thanks for the grammar lesson, you're an asset to FST
    sorry, i wont stop you from sounding stupid in the future. that kind of attitude is awesome coming from the OP of an 'attitude needs to change' thread. did you read the majority of the post which was all about the topic and how i was trying to help? or did you just skip it, get mad, and try to "get me"?
    WOW well did I hit a nerve there or what? Ease up a bit twas a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanka113 View Post
    I think PETA should put a stop to ass drilling.
    Oh don't get me started on PETA now. DId you see the Penn and Teller show on them? In their words "BULLSHIT!"

Quote Originally Posted by ghurka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tudor View Post
    most of the bashing comes from the older users here and it comes directly to the newcomers that start posting here without searching first and they will get ass drilled with 2-3 pages in 1 hour
    Well if somebody is just too damn lazy to look for something, even in real life, wouldn't you tell them. I know I would as I really don't like lazy gits. So if I want to have a pop at someone for not using the search facility first on any site I frequent then I will.
    Well you are forgiven because you're a miserable old bastard who will probably be senile in a few months anyway . Yeah but G I believe you know where the line between messing with someone and being nasty are.

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    i think this is the kind of brainless posting that detale is referring to in his post.
    glad some people doesn't like me, it means that a couple do, but that was to be expected, as ignorant members will always pop on my radar.

funny how this thread is turning the place where a couple of whinos come complain to daddy-mod that big bad members steal the candy from them and don't let them play in the yard. because they will tell to my mom that i've been a bad boy.
    I wondered if you'd comment on that Cabalo.
    Personally although you do have a hard edge I've never found you to bash on someone just for the hell of it .Also from actually bothering to read your posts I think that you are one of the more intelligent and thoughtful people here.

Of course that fact that I'm an orphan may have something to do with it.
    Are those wedding bells I hear?

Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pone44 View Post
    Why should any other staff post here when Detale already addressed the issue?
    for a very simple reason: supporting Detale would have proved that it's a concern for the whole staff... unfortunately, it seems he's the only one who cares about "censoring" disruptive members.
    basically, Detale didn't speak under the banner of staff, he just stated his OWN opinion.
    Well I am stating not only my opinion but the fact that I will enforce the existing rules more so as the usually relaxed attitude I have seems to have given way to ugliness as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    for a very simple reason: supporting Detale would have proved that it's a concern for the whole staff... unfortunately, it seems he's the only one who cares about "censoring" disruptive members.
    basically, Detale didn't speak under the banner of staff, he just stated his OWN opinion.
    B.S. Its like the fucking Borg around here sometimes , jmho but there's too many rules around here already .

Every join a forum to get a new copy of say Windows Black and the sysop bans you for speaking your mind ? I'd hate to see that here .
    Peat it would never come to that. You know me better than that I would think. BS isn't the problem who among us doesn't post shit from time to time. I'm speaking more about the personal attacks and trolling or others. I don't want any new rules just affirming the old ones a bit

Quote Originally Posted by J-dye View Post
    Well that may solve some peoples problems sure, fuck it make a poll

Quote Originally Posted by pentomato View Post
    But a community doesn't have nothing to do with what you are talking about, a real community there are great, bad and stupid people on it.
    What would be a thanksgiving dinner without the arguments and the insults? Without the fights?
    In real communities people talk about each other, attack each other etc.
    If this is a real community, there has to be peace, but people at times have to vent too and I know some mods want to dictate what we do or say (not you Detale) and that's not right.
    Sorry I missed this. OK if not me what Mods are you talking about then? Also this forum doesn't have 100% free speech, there are rules to follow here. People don't fight like this at my Thanksgiving table if they did I'd throw them out too.
    Last edited by Detale; 01-02-2009 at 04:59 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #118
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    i think this is the kind of brainless posting that detale is referring to in his post.
    glad some people doesn't like me, it means that a couple do, but that was to be expected, as ignorant members will always pop on my radar.

funny how this thread is turning the place where a couple of whinos come complain to daddy-mod that big bad members steal the candy from them and don't let them play in the yard. because they will tell to my mom that i've been a bad boy.
    I wondered if you'd comment on that Cabalo.
    Personally although you do have a hard edge I've never found you to bash on someone just for the hell of it .Also from actually bothering to read your posts I think that you are one of the more intelligent and thoughtful people here.

Of course that fact that I'm an orphan may have something to do with it.
    hey thanks. i wonder when will i see you with the purple stars around here...

my opinion, about this issue, and so many others, is simple.
    there's much more than it meets the eye in this forum, and i don't mean only to the member's eyes, but also to the moderation team's eyes. And they know that quite well. Let's call it the "macro-politics" of the forum.
    I think i've long understood what's the basic non-spoken rule around here, and sometimes discussing minor "details" is just a waste of everyone's time.

i won't go further on this, i don't want to risk look a smartass

9. BitTorrent   -   #119
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    There's so many nice people on here , if I could change anything it would be let the noobies use PM . Or let the older members PM them pointers or give invites in the back ground .

Is that so bad ?

I had to read the whole post again , I missed a lot . Detaile , your the man . I really think the board should move the mods around to different forums now and again . They get burned out putting up with the BS , this has to be the most troublesome I would guess . Not for a minute that we think your not capable but the shit your put up with is commendable .

Should never get that bad tho if you had a back up or members that gave a shit . Again JMHO tho .
    Last edited by peat moss; 01-02-2009 at 05:50 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #120
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss View Post
    There's so many nice people on here , if I could change anything it would be let the noobies use PM . Or let the older members PM them pointers or give invites in the back ground .

Is that so bad ?

I had to read the whole post again , I missed a lot . Detaile , your the man . I really think the board should move the mods around to different forums now and again . They get burned out putting up with the BS , this has to be the most troublesome I would guess . Not for a minute that we think your not capable but the shit your put up with is commendable .

Should never get that bad tho if you had a back up or members that gave a shit . Again JMHO tho .

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast