Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Johnny Cash Is Dead

Yea really sad R.I.P

2. Music   -   #12
    internet.news
    ok, I did not hear him often - although some country music from faith hill is good -
    but Ive heard about him, I think.

Hope that he enjoy it as same as his life where he is now - probably some kind of energy...

3. Music   -   #13
    CrumbCat's Avatar Cachaça or Cachaça
    I have enjoyed Johnny Cash's music since the late 60's, when I was just 4 years old, as my father, a huge fan to say the least, would play his music non-stop....what memories.

He walked the line for nearly 50 years, every inch of his journey through the country, gospel, folk and rock worlds etched into his face.

The journey ended early Today. Weakened in recent years by diabetes, glaucoma, asthma and a chronic nervous-system disorder, Cash died at a Nashville hospital of respiratory failure, the result of diabetes. He was 71.

He was a legend for sure, but more than that, he was able, through his uniqueness, to draw the attention of even the non-country music fan - a deed not to easily accomplished.

He will be remembered by this Cash fan, and continue to bring me pleasure through his everlasting recordings.

Thank you for allowing us to have participated in your journey. RIP

CrumbCat

FYI:

Cash's beloved wife and worthy musical partner, June Carter Cash, died nearly four months ago, succumbing May 15 at Baptist Hospital, days after heart-valve surgery. She was 73. As he was in life, Cash was at her side in death.

4. Music   -   #14
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Originally posted by CrumbCat@12 September 2003 - 11:57
    I have enjoyed Johnny Cash&#39;s music since the late 60&#39;s, when I was just 4 years old, as my father, a huge fan to say the least, would play his music non-stop....what memories.

He walked the line for nearly 50 years, every inch of his journey through the country, gospel, folk and rock worlds etched into his face.

The journey ended early Today. Weakened in recent years by diabetes, glaucoma, asthma and a chronic nervous-system disorder, Cash died at a Nashville hospital of respiratory failure, the result of diabetes. He was 71.

He was a legend for sure, but more than that, he was able, through his uniqueness, to draw the attention of even the non-country music fan - a deed not to easily accomplished.

He will be remembered by this Cash fan, and continue to bring me pleasure through his everlasting recordings.

Thank you for allowing us to have participated in your journey. RIP

CrumbCat

FYI:

Cash&#39;s beloved wife and worthy musical partner, June Carter Cash, died nearly four months ago, succumbing May 15 at Baptist Hospital, days after heart-valve surgery. She was 73. As he was in life, Cash was at her side in death.
    damn..
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

5. Music   -   #15
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Originally posted by internet.news@12 September 2003 - 16:49
    ok, I did not hear him often - although some country music from faith hill is good -

Faith Hill couldn&#39;t hold a candle to Johnny on his worst day.

@CC - awesome post man.

6. Music   -   #16
    CrumbCat's Avatar Cachaça or Cachaça
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank+12 September 2003 - 12:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BigBank_Hank &#064; 12 September 2003 - 12:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-internet.news@12 September 2003 - 16:49

Faith Hill couldn&#39;t hold a candle to Johnny on his worst day.

@CC - awesome post man.[/b][/quote]
    1. I agree completely.

And

2. Thanks, he made it easy.

CrumbCat

7. Music   -   #17
    Poster
    He was having severe problems with autonomic (or alcohol) neuropathy as well despite having given up alcohol many years earlier. It&#39;s a disease that causes paralysis of the nerves and autonomic responses of internal organs primarily but can spread and affect the entire body.

Willie and Johnny during a concert >>>>

jcash.mp3

8. Music   -   #18
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by balamm@12 September 2003 - 15:27
    He was having severe problems with autonomic (or alcohol) neuropathy as well despite having given up alcohol many years earlier. It&#39;s a disease that causes paralysis of the nerves and autonomic responses of internal organs primarily but can spread and affect the entire body.
    Wooooohooooooo.....Drinking a Colt 45 for ya Johnny.Actually.....I am going to be drinking alot of Colt 45 tonight Johnny.Going to be alot of Drinking tonight all over America just for you.

*And yes.....will be drinking one for Cornerpocket while I sink the 8 Ball banked in the Corner.*

9. Music   -   #19
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Originally posted by balamm@12 September 2003 - 15:27

Willie and Johnny during a concert >>>>

jcash.mp3

hmm.. if you watch the &#39;hurt&#39; video you can kinda see what you are talking about.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

10. Music   -   #20
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    "Hurt" is the most emotional piece of music i have ever heard.....its making me well up thinking about it and i dont go like this easy

the video is so sad, yet his voice is so strong

RIP mate, only a recent fan

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast