Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: hd, nzb site...?

beansis's Avatar Pussy Liquor
    ok thanks, I was just under the impression that their encodes were special for some reason

and i've seen teh index, quite a few times actually and it has some good stuff

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by beansis View Post
    ok thanks, I was just under the impression that their encodes were special for some reason
    They don't have encodes. They have full blu-ray discs.

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    Go to binaryinvasion.com to find those abhdtv posts spotted, specifically this forum http://www.binaryinvasion.com/forums...?showforum=114

It may be worth $20/year if you're already using newsgroups to rip BR discs, which is a relatively expensive form of piracy. I haven't upgraded to BR yet so I'm not sure.

If you were just looking for encodes, I would have to say that joining the irc channel alt.binaries.hdtv.x264 on efnet.org is the best way to get into things. Check out http://www.gotnzb4u.me.uk/x264/requests.php and play around to get familiar with the fact that they post most of the good HD encodes to usenet.

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    I've never even heard of so must not be

For HD content you can use our index, do people not see our NZB index or what?

Or go to search engine (there are many oh many) and type:
    #a.b.hdtv.x264@EFNet
    Or just browse the group?

http://www.nzbindex.nl/groups/alt.binaries.hdtv.x264/
    Last edited by iLOVENZB; 07-31-2009 at 11:11 AM.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    #a.b.hdtv.x264@EFNet

is the same

They are wanting BD rips, not x264 rips though.
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 08-01-2009 at 04:22 AM.
    [center]

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    Ok thanks for the info, ill have to check some of this stuff out

imo downloading full blu-ray rips is a bit extreme tho.
    firstly, my bandwidth limit would be used up within a few days, and I don't have nearly enough storage space to maintain a decent library

I think for getting full blu-ray quality, using netflix and coping the movies seems like a safer and less complex option

What I do like downloading are 720p encodes, which are only about 2-3gb and look good on a small screen
    Unfortunately these are hardly available on usenet. . .

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    What I do like downloading are 720p encodes, which are only about 2-3gb and look good on a small screen
    720p are easy to find on Usenet

http://www.nzbindex.nl/search/?q=720...espam=1&more=0

Also most 720p rips are 4GB+, depends if you get them from the scene or a p2p group.

Scene=DVD5
    P2P=Generally larger than 4GB
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by iLOVENZB View Post
    720p are easy to find on Usenet

http://www.nzbindex.nl/search/?q=720...espam=1&more=0

Also most 720p rips are 4GB+, depends if you get them from the scene or a p2p group.

Scene=DVD5
    P2P=Generally larger than 4GB

Well the thing is I know some really good places to get some amazing 2-3gb 720p encodes through direct download . . . so i meant quality 720p encodes in relatively small size are hard to find on usenet

and if im gonna download 4gb+ i might as well go all the way for 1080p
    Last edited by beansis; 08-01-2009 at 11:47 PM.

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    Well the thing is I know some really good places to get some amazing 2-3gb 720p encodes through direct download . . . so i meant quality 720p encodes in relatively small size are hard to find on usenet

1080p rips usually run around 7-8gb+++. I would say if you're gonna get p2p 2-3gb, go all the way for a scene 4gb rip, not *another* 4gb for a 1080p.

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    ...I know some really good places to get some amazing 2-3gb 720p encodes through direct download . . . so i meant quality 720p encodes in relatively small size are hard to find on usenet

m-HD rips? 1080p movies are MUCH larger than 720p . There aren't many mHD rips on Usenet but Nhanc3 have posted some.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeBaller View Post
    1080p rips usually run around 7-8gb+++. I would say if you're gonna get p2p 2-3gb, go all the way for a scene 4gb rip, not *another* 4gb for a 1080p.
    1080p P2P: At least DVD9 sizes
    1080p Scene usually DVD9 sizes

It also depends on the movie type ie. Animation movies are smaller depending on the ripper/encoder.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast