Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Perceptions

Poster
    Originally posted by titey@14 September 2003 - 10:54
    But fugs, I thought JP was yer uncle....
    • Shouldn't you know what he looks like?

(Oh, and thanks for teaching me a new word: "totty")
    Yes but me comes from a peculiar family!!
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

2. Lounge   -   #52
    Poster
    I said right at the start the point was about how different people percieved things, based on the same evidence.

It wasn&#39;t a whoever can guess my weight wins a coconut competition.

I think it is interesting the variations in things like my age, of which there is a reasonable spread. However the perception on what I may do for a living is for the most part fairly consistant. Sort of teacher / office collar and tie type thing.

The other thing is that most people need things to reach a conclusion. The exercise in and of itself is not enough. To such an extent that there are even posts which say things like, I knew he would never come clean so I didn&#39;t express an opinion. That is an interesting response in itself, suggesting that they would not take part, as the exercise would not reach a definitive conclusion.

3. Lounge   -   #53
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by JPaul@14 September 2003 - 12:08
    I think it is interesting the variations in things like my age, of which there is a reasonable spread.
    That one in particular might be because you regularly lie about it

4. Lounge   -   #54
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I need closure, what can I say?

5. Lounge   -   #55
    Poster
    Originally posted by Lamsey+14 September 2003 - 13:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey &#064; 14 September 2003 - 13:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@14 September 2003 - 12:08
    I think it is interesting the variations in things like my age, of which there is a reasonable spread.
    That one in particular might be because you regularly lie about it [/b][/quote]
    Yes fair point I say it is 76 on a regular basis, however given the context in which it is said, it is always an obvious lie. At least I think it is.

When posting seriously I invariably say I am 42.

If I have said anything else I cannot remember having done so, however please remember I am 76 and the old memory is going.

6. Lounge   -   #56
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by JPaul+14 September 2003 - 12:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul @ 14 September 2003 - 12:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Lamsey@14 September 2003 - 13:15
    <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul
    @14 September 2003 - 12:08

Yes fair point I say it is 76 on a regular basis, however given the context in which it is said, it is always an obvious lie. At least I think it is.

If I have said anything else I cannot remember having done so, however please remember I am 76 and the old memory is going. [/b][/quote]

7. Lounge   -   #57
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Originally posted by JPaul+14 September 2003 - 12:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul @ 14 September 2003 - 12:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Lamsey@14 September 2003 - 13:15
    <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul
    @14 September 2003 - 12:08

If I have said anything else I cannot remember having done so, however please remember I am 76 and the old memory is going. [/b][/quote]
    Glad you cleared that up, JP.

8. Lounge   -   #58
    Poster
    Jumbo Bowlarks&#33;&#33;&#33;
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Mr Hand&#39;s Busy Right Now&#33; So Talk To Mr FOOKIN FINGER&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span></span>

9. Lounge   -   #59
    Forum Star
    I think it is interesting the variations in things like my age, of which there is a reasonable spread. However the perception on what I may do for a living is for the most part fairly consistant. Sort of teacher / office collar and tie type thing.
    i thought you were a plumber

10. Lounge   -   #60
    Poster
    Originally posted by pol@14 September 2003 - 13:59
    i thought you were a plumber
    There you go, someone always has to have a pop at the plumbers.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast