although all that may be for some people is not enough
    PRACTICE IS THE RULE

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Ahmed047's Avatar cardiologist BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Red pirate View Post
    but i think it is a dream
    the idea is difficult but not impossible

to be honest i think medical forums will be more usefull sharing new books , talk about, new cases, researchs
    the medical tracker can do all of this + sharing by bit torrent which is excellent idea

PRACTICE IS THE RULE
    Sure

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    So it may not be long before we see "VTC Do it yourself Kidney Transplant for beginners". We could even see Doctors only willing to treat conditions if they are given invite to FTN

Personally I don't see Doctors being seeders so they will most likely Hit'n'Run.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    toxic's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Some people from bitme started a tracker called emedicina.net about a couple of years ago, but it went down only after one month. I don't know why, but may be user base may play the role. Anyway, it's good to hear about idea of another medical tracker again.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Ahmed047's Avatar cardiologist BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by jbloggs View Post
    We could even see Doctors only willing to treat conditions if they are given invite to FTN

Quote Originally Posted by jbloggs View Post
    Personally I don't see Doctors being seeders so they will most likely Hit'n'Run.
    this may be due to the fact that doctors have no time they are always busy , but seed box can solve this problem

Quote Originally Posted by toxic View Post
    Some people from bitme started a tracker called emedicina.net about a couple of years ago, but it went down only after one month. I don't know why
    this is sad news ,so the idea is old

Quote Originally Posted by toxic View Post
    but may be user base may play the role
    this is the main problem very small user base ,it may be one of the smallest communities ever,& from most posts till now ,I think there is no doctors in FST
    Last edited by Ahmed047; 01-25-2009 at 10:26 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    opht
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed047 View Post
    Specialized Medical Tracker?

What do you think about this idea?

A tracker that is concerned with medical contents only e.g. book, applications, questions banks and videos

This will be of great help to physician, dentist, veterinarian, and pharmacist

With a very active specialized forums & professional medical community, with case discussions & presentation & medical information exchange between members

It can include the following categories (the following are for physician as I do not know well about the other specialties so please people with other specialties participate and give idea):

Anatomy
    Embryology
    Physiology
    Biochemistry
    Histology
    Pharmacology
    Parasitological
    Microbiology
    Immunology
    Pathology
    Ophthalmology
    Otolaryngology
    Forensic medicine
    Community medicine
    Medicine & its specialties
    Surgery & its specialties
    Pediatrics
    Obstetrics & gynecology

You may say that medical contents are present in many E-learning trackers but actually these trackers contain few medical contents, also I think exclusive medical tracker with medical forums will be very helpful to these medical specialty people

any other ideas?
    I would be interested in participating in getting this site going. I personally believe that this would be an extraordinary service to all who are in the medical field, particularly when taking into consideration the cost of books and study materials and how hindering this can be as a student. If you need help please let me know.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    I liked the idea of having more scientific stuff on it as well.
    If you did text books on it for students in these fields and did them related to courses this may bring in a good user base of students who I am sure will appreciate it
    People have mocked the fact doctors etc might not use it too much but I would think if a good section sorted for students it may be found you will get a larger member base
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    A elearning site that has college textbooks and took requests if a student could not afford or find a certain book for class. That would be nice.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by pone44 View Post
    A elearning site that has college textbooks and took requests if a student could not afford or find a certain book for class. That would be nice.
    Totally agree and would sure be a good addition to the current trackers about
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    BANNED
    nobody would trust some1 named ahmed from egypt as their doctor
    Last edited by BrianH; 10-03-2009 at 12:37 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast