Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: in the making

ye i have hear alot but as i say i dont get help i learn myself and thts how i have gone on.... i know alot of peeps actually hosted there, if you can point e too a more reliable i will be happy to check them aout. have you just sign up as erik1111?

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    no mate no offence but i dont sign up to any trackers.

Canada or Sweden are good places atm.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    respawn40's Avatar Phoenix Wright :D BT Rep: +2
    Erm... it sounds to me that you have almost zero experience with coding, running a tracker, common sense, etc. I don't have any experience running a tracker, and I have no clue how to program; but I like to think that I have some common sense.

1) From everyone that I've talked to, you shouldn't expect member donations to keep your site alive. You yourself (or whoever the SysOp is) should be able to keep the site afloat for at least a year. This shows members that the site plans on staying there, and so they may wish to donate.

2) You said you have little coding experience and whatnot, so why not find someone who actually does? Surely it will result in a better tracker, in both function and design. If you're still learning quite a lot, then why not hold off on creating a tracker until you're better able to make a better one? If your tracker is nothing more than a place to download files, then what makes it any better than any of the already-established trackers? I already know that those are stable, fast, etc; so why would I want to join yours?

3) Don't host it in the US. That's probably the WORST place on Earth that you could decide to host a site. The US is a country that actively seeks out filesharers. Your host will most likely bend immediately to an order from the RIAA/MPAA, and they will shut you down. As stoi said, you don't hear of anybody hosting in the US getting taken down, because, well, nobody hosts there!

But anyways, this is just what I think... If I were you, I would reconsider many of the choice that you've made :p

I am a exsellent speller and I use grammer very good.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    TS.org
    Quote Originally Posted by daffy View Post
    nothing is ever said no matter who or where hosts you. if all you guys are going to do is put new torrent sites trying to build up a community and is doing well, then your not giving any new trackers much apprecitae for joing the comunity are you. oh well i thought maybe some peeps might like it but obvoulsy they do not. never mind. others out there appreciate my hours. thts all that counts
    I aint putting any one down I was asking a legitimate question.

As a site owner myself I know that hosting is an important part of the sites future and having your server hosted in America is not the way forward for any torrent site.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by respawn40 View Post
    Erm... it sounds to me that you have almost zero experience with coding, running a tracker, common sense, etc. I don't have any experience running a tracker, and I have no clue how to program; but I like to think that I have some common sense.

1) From everyone that I've talked to, you shouldn't expect member donations to keep your site alive. You yourself (or whoever the SysOp is) should be able to keep the site afloat for at least a year. This shows members that the site plans on staying there, and so they may wish to donate.

2) You said you have little coding experience and whatnot, so why not find someone who actually does? Surely it will result in a better tracker, in both function and design. If you're still learning quite a lot, then why not hold off on creating a tracker until you're better able to make a better one? If your tracker is nothing more than a place to download files, then what makes it any better than any of the already-established trackers? I already know that those are stable, fast, etc; so why would I want to join yours?

3) Don't host it in the US. That's probably the WORST place on Earth that you could decide to host a site. The US is a country that actively seeks out filesharers. Your host will most likely bend immediately to an order from the RIAA/MPAA, and they will shut you down. As stoi said, you don't hear of anybody hosting in the US getting taken down, because, well, nobody hosts there!

But anyways, this is just what I think... If I were you, I would reconsider many of the choice that you've made :p
    i do have experience in coding most of my modification on my tracker are made by myself. also scripts in my tracker are made by myself. ok i was wrong about not putting hand in my pocket. the first month i did yes to get server, since then members poured in also donations did too. iv ran trackres for over a year but this 1 only 5months AND i know ALOT of GOOD coders believe me but i dont get all there hepl i get there advice on hows best to do things. i topped over 6000 members middle of last year and give it all up due to family issues. started from scratch cpl months ago. ok i setup this myself coded alot myself.. all i have to say now is AL GO FUCK YOURSLEFS. and aruge about my site amongst yourselves. i came to show peeps my site and work iv done. END OF MY CONVO WITH YOU GUYS!!! PEACE OUT oh and let me see your tracker m8.. i fogot you dont know how to set 1 up do you....

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    OUCH

well if you cant take constructive criticism the worst place you could have posted this was FST lol

we/they are just trying to give you sound advice

GL anyway, your going to need it.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    i didnt come in here to be critised.. dont sound like no advice to me sounds more like put him down.. im out of here adios, ciao

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    nsk's Avatar Sharer BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    << thats me hell yeahhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I thought you were done with this convo?

Why are you spamming your site in multiple sections on the board and giving various URLs for the same site?

yo

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast